S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Text on KTR website is almost word for word from AWE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Text on KTR website is almost word for word from AWE

KTR

"
We love the current crop of Audi vehicles especially the turbo charged ones- our in-house vehicles include a '99 black A4 Avant 1.8TQ.

Select a model to the left to view a complete list of items that we carry for your performance Audi."

AWE

"We love the current crop of Audi vehicles - our in-house vehicles include an 03 black A4 1.8TQM, a 97 black A4 1.8TQM and an 01 Brilliant Black S4 avant 6 speed.

Select a model to the right to view a complete list of items that we carry for your performance Audi."

Stupid point.. but stuff like this pisses me off.. Although i suppose it is a compliment?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:00 AM

wow, that's really poor on KTR's part
Old 08-08-2003, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EXTREMELY poor and should be changed ASAP
Old 08-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Maestro

Default LOL! They've changed the Audi, but forgot Porsche

"We love the current crop of Porsche vehicles especially the turbo charged ones."

These guys are VERY creative
Old 08-08-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Lots of websites "use" / "copy" content from other websites.

I'm sure AWE used ideas from other websites. Internet is all about sharing, no? Why reinvent the wheel.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Exactly. You pay KTR for their automotive services (which they're obviously good at)...

Not for their website content.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:34 AM

Default the pic at the bottom of the home page looks like it's straight from Tire Rack.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.ktrperformance.com/">http://www.ktrperformance.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 08-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Maestro

interesting perspective
Old 08-08-2003, 09:04 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Details...details...

When you mail out your resume...how does it look if you have a spelling mistake on it? Grammatical error? Let's assume the job you are applying for requires neither of the preceding skills...it still looks bad, and even for a well qualified applicant, those mistakes may cost you the job. It's all in the details. Nobody wants to hire somebody that lets things slip through the cracks.

A website is a company's resume. It tells us about them, what they stand for, the quality of work they do, etc. etc. If they were too lazy to take the time to set up a proper website, or they copied designs and ideas DIRECTLY from a competitor, what does that say to their customers? According to Verruckt, it means they were so busy spending time on designing their products and servicing customers that they didn't really have time leftover for their website. That's one interpretation. The typical Audi owner, who demands perfect welds on an exhaust that nobody will ever see, will commonly take another interpretation.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm not saying it's as black/white as that....

I really don't know much about KTR. I've heard good things, but I can't say much about them. I'll use GIAC as an example. Their website at times has not been the most flashy/professional of all the Audi tuning websites. However, I know they make a quality product through independent testing, research, and word of mouth. I'm not going to ditch (or not purchase) my X-chip because I don't think their website is as professional as the rest. That's not what I sent them my coin for.

However, if the company is unknown your argument does hold true. First impressions do count. Although I do see this KTR argument as being quite picky...it wouldn't bother me in the least if I was considering having my car worked on there. Don't assume I "don't care" about quality like a "typical Audi owner" simply because I'm not bothered by this "splitting hairs" website comparison.