S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Thanks to everyone along the Gumball route.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to everyone along the Gumball route.

Just got back into Austin last night and it is honestly kind of depressing haveing to return to my dull life. I have basically been gone for two weeks with the drive up to NYC before and the day and a half afterwards in LA. We did get to see Intrax, Brembo North America and Andial North America (with 2 959s in the shop area). We bacially met up with at least one S4 guy in each city and that made the whole experience more enjoyable. Had a great time with the other drivers. Too bad, Zerin lost his license along the way, but at least I got to continue on with his car. I just wish I had the video camera on more along the way because there were so many stories each evening that people were telling about their day driving. Most, I would normally have said they were full of it for, but after actually seeing what goes on with the Gumball, they are beleivable.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Tell us some of the stories! Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 05-04-2002, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to catch you in Santa Fe, but you dissapeared into the hotel to quickly.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:36 AM

Default Zerin LOST his license?

Does that mean he misplaced it, or that it was confiscated and rendered invalid?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2nd one.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Zerin LOST his license?

He was pulled over for 84 in a 70 in the beginning of Arkansas (there is a picture in one of our updates). Since he paid a ticket in Georgia at the last minute they ended up suspending it and it still showed up that way when the Arkansas cop looked it up in the computer so he kept the actually liscence this time. Since Zerin wasn't sure he would be able to get on a plane without an ID he stopped in Dallas, but I continued alone with his car.

I am kicking myself for at least not writing down on paper the stories I had heard. Like some guys that got tagged at 174 and when the cops made them go back to the police station there were cops waiting, joking around and taking pictures of the radar since it was the highest speed ever clocked in the county. I think two of the guys that got clocked over 200 were let go and told to be safe. I was with the red S4 when an Aston Martin and 550 were pulled over that we were following. The cop was pissed because they had been clocked earlier at 150, but after talking to them, they were let go since the cop said they were nice guys. A couple of guys were actually put in jail (searched and put in jail clothes), but after using their one call to the British consolate the matters seemed to be resolved really quickly. Those guys had some black and white striped shirts made up with "Jefferson County Jail" on them for the final party. Some other guys in a 50's Ferrari that broke down had the worst luck. The Ferrari broke down on the first leg, so they hitchhiked to the first stop then bought a new car and that broke down, so they got a $2000 taxi ride to Vegas and rented a car for the last day. At least they got an award at the Playboy Mansion ceremony.

Does anyone know the name of the guy from Jackass that is in one of the picture at the end. I got a closeup of him on the bus, he was druck and yelling. We were the last bus to leave the mansion and the Jackass guys got the bus driver to go by some house that there was supposed to be a party at, but it was dead by the time we got there.

I so wish I had a video camera if I was on the bus with the APR guys because there were some guys with English accents telling this story on the way back to the hotel about how they had been pulled over in Texas and they were making fun of the small Texas town cop's accent. Steven from APR said they had the whole bus laughing just because it was two English guys trying to immitate the country accent.
Old 05-04-2002, 12:42 PM

Johnny Knocksville is the Jackass guy!
Old 05-04-2002, 07:37 PM

dont you mean bamm? i think he has a nogaro...