S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

is there a way to find out what states speeding tickets would transfer back to ma?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closer link.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.aamva.org/Documents/drvCompactsMapMapColor.PDF">http://www.aamva.org/Documents/drvCompactsMapMapColor.PDF</a</li></ul>
Old 05-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

Default NRVC is for non-payment ONLY, and DLC is for serious offenses ONLY...

These two compacts are very widley used, but this is for suspension or revocation of licenses, not for getting a speeding ticket and paying it or going to court. If you read the specific language of the DLC:

Manslaughter
DUI/DWI
Felony
Failure to Aid/Stop at Accident w/ Death

The NRVC covers non-payment and non-compliance with mandate procedures of the citation. If you get a ticket in California and you fail to appear/pay then California is obligated to notify your home state of your failure to comply. Thus a suspension on your home state license occurs.

Reciprocity between states for non-suspension invoking traffic citations is done on a state to state basis. Some states perform reciprocity in these cases, many do not. CT and NY have reciprocity, though I've never seen mention of an 85 in a 65 on my NY record. VT specifically states they do not perform reciprocity with any other state for these matters. Though they do specifically state if you fail to appear/pay they will contact your home state.

Again, unless you are caught doing some outrageous your home state will not be notified. Getting a speeding ticket that does not effect your license status will not automatically mean some federal system will pick up on it and toss those points towards your home state license, that's total BS. I've stood in front of plenty of traffic courts, received plenty of tickets in my younger ages and again I will say not one out of state ticket has ever appeared on my NY state license.

The only reason an insurance company may know about infractions is if you tell them, which you are obligated to do, or they do a national DMV search. There is NO federal wide traffic infractions database.

Cheers,
Old 05-14-2003, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, tell the states not to report then. I have had speeding tickets in IL, WI, OR, (MORE)

WA, WY, ID, NE, IN, VA and SD on both Ilinois and Oregon Lisences, and every single one has transferred to my licenses over the years.

Mind you, I obtained these over 17 years of driving.

NY may be different, but the compacts report more than serious offenses for sure.

Mike S
Old 05-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor

Default Read the compacts, which I have for basic traffic legalese knowledge, and...

you'll see what I've said applies the NRVC and DLC. Though there are proposals for a nasty fed based violations database, NMA is staunchly opposing, which I am a member of.

Your home state my have a very vigalent DMV that likes to get whatever info they can from other states. No state is obligated by fed law to report a traffic infraction to another state unless it meets the terms under NRVC or DLC, BUT this doesn't mean they won't and your home state won't find out either. Maybe that is the impression I gave, but I've got tickets in 6 different states and even a suspension in VT, none of which was reported, I fought the ticket that carried the suspension and won so they didn't have time to report it. Hell in VT they give you a virtual in-state license that accumulates points, I was Mr. Vangerbug in VT until my first court appearance when I made them correct my name.

Either way it is still entirely possible to have points transfer, check state DMV regulations, there is usually a reciprocity clause somewhere in pages upon pages of useless info.

Cheers,
Old 05-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Just sticker up your car like a Gumballer, and pretend that you got lost.

Tell him that you were just trying to keep up with the 'egg, which was doing well over 200 mph when it ditched you. Act like you're on a tight schedule and that you really need to hurry up and make it to the checkpoint, otherwise they'll kick you out of the rally. When he tells you that it's been over for weeks, look heartbroken and beg for mercy.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:53 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default LOL! I can see the headlines now..."Lost Gumballer Found in North Dakota...

Made a wrong turn in Texas. Driver Claims Audi Nav Plus System Sucks A$$."