S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

They just stole my S4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suck my ***** rory
Old 09-28-2009, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't ment to by witty. I'm not about to tell some hood rat kids who will no doubt google "stealing audi" and find this thread, how easily some of these parts can be stolen.

Since my car has a troubled past, was stolen, I don't feel the need to advertise how it is done/which parts are easy.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Seems kinda harsh man...
Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sigh. Sorry about that Rory - tough day, ya know - but shouldn't have come down so hard on you or OP.

I do feel bad that OPs car was stolen, but when someone who clearly just registered or, at best, had been lurking the forums, decides to snark at someone like Comp, who has been contributing frequently, it pisses me off a little bit.

This is an open forum - you are not guaranteed a useful, accurate, or even friendly reply.

That being said, my apologies to both of you.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 AM
B56
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angry12v
wow i hope you find your car and these guys get whats coming to them

where do you live just out of curiosity?
Seriously, Where are these cars being stolen from? I'm not sure why people dont give details. Helps others know where to be extra careful.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Probably the best thing you can do is to replace your drivers side door handel with a rear door handle. However if the battery goes out, that leaves you with issues.

Then use one of those fancy 20-odd pin circular car lockouts. I can't remember the name, but it is hard to bypass. When your going to park for a while and are extra afraid, pull some fuses. Pull the POS (power output stage) connectors. No spark... harder to steal. They could always have used a flat bed.

Even then your car will probably have parts stolen off of it, after all, you ****ed over the bad guys. The hole in the drivers side door will be small. The new ignition will have to be ordered from germany, if not say hello to 2 keys, one for door and one to start. For the replacement Headlights, just get depo e-codes with a DDM or something. When I did this the headlights cost me $1,800 years back because there were 3 options. ****ty lltek, oem, ecodes.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default What's with the rash of S4 thefts?

Mine was stolen from right out front of my house in Arlington VA last Monday night. Original owner, 2000 sedan, ~106k miles. Came out Tuesday morning and the car was just gone. Police asked me 4 times if all of the keys are accounted for, said these are normally very difficult cars to steal without the keys. I guess these thieves knew what they were doing.

What a pain in the ***. Won't get any insurance money until they wait at least 3 weeks to see if the car turns up. Frankly, I'm not sure I want it back at this point, no doubt it's been horribly abused. I think I'll take the insurance money, add a little more of my own, and buy a 2001 Avant with fewer miles on it.

Anybody know of a well-maintained 6-speed manual 2001 S4 Avant with <80k miles for sale in the mid-Atlantic area?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

damn. good luck man
Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sadly, like most cars they are easy to steal. Especially if they have done one before. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is the OP. Sorry for the non-responsiveness (I "subscribed" to this thread assuming I would get an e-mail whenever someone posted, but I only got an e-mail after the first post.)

My car got stolen from my own backyard. I saw it last at midnight, went to bed around 2, it was gone by 6:30. There were two other cars tightly parked in the backyard. The way the cars were parked, he could not have gotten it out of the backyard in less than 3-4 minutes. In fact the bastard hit my brother's car and the house on his way out. My house is sandwiched between a highway and a heavy traffic boulevard, no one heard a thing.

Aside from the fact that I need a car to get around and can't afford one right now, I just feel so f'ing violated that someone is driving around with my sh*t.

Quick Reply: They just stole my S4 :(