S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

They just stole my S4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B56
Seriously, Where are these cars being stolen from? I'm not sure why people dont give details. Helps others know where to be extra careful.
this happened in queens, ny. around citifield, laguardia airport.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LJH
Just had mine stolen on the 18th.....still no sign of it. I am still really pissed.

Cheers,
Jim

hey are you the guy from CT? i read your post about it on az i think. what hppnd to you was awful dude. sorry about your loss.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HokieS4
Police asked me 4 times if all of the keys are accounted for, said these are normally very difficult cars to steal without the keys. I guess these thieves knew what they were doing.
B5 S4s are not hard to steal at all. There are basically no antitheft devices in place, not even an imobilizer. Someone who is experienced could steal this car easily in under 1 minute. There was a security video on youtube a while back of someone taking one in a parking lot.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know someone who bought a theft recovery s4 with a screwdriver jammed in the steering column. he used it as his key for quite a while.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is there anything besides replacing the front driver door handle with the rear that you can do so people cant get into your car?!?!?

I've been hearing about peoples headlights getting stolen too. Is there anything you can do so no one can steal them, reinforce the brackets, or do they just rip the lens right off the bracket.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Get an after market alarm; I think you can get a mid grade Viper alarm for around $300. May sound like a lot but thing is, how much is your car booking for and how much do you have in upgrades that your insurance company will tell you too ****ing bad about when it gets jacked?

I'm waiting one day to see a thread where someone catches one of these sneaky little **** and beats the **** outta them, or better yet gets the **** on camera!!!

I'm sorry for all you guys that this happened to and hopefully something positive comes of it, best of luck fellas.

EDIT: All Viper alarms that I have seen have valet mode so if that's set then a thief wouldn't get far.

Last edited by jaimesonlee; 09-30-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaimesonlee
Get an after market alarm; I think you can get a mid grade Viper alarm for around $300. May sound like a lot but thing is, how much is your car booking for and how much do you have in upgrades that your insurance company will tell you too ****ing bad about when it gets jacked?

I'm waiting one day to see a thread where someone catches one of these sneaky little **** and beats the **** outta them, or better yet gets the **** on camera!!!

I'm sorry for all you guys that this happened to and hopefully something positive comes of it, best of luck fellas.

EDIT: All Viper alarms that I have seen have valet mode so if that's set then a thief wouldn't get far.
The issue with alarms is that if your good with viper alarms your still golden.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

True, sounds like the thieves here may be veterans. Either way, it will deter the unseasoned thief at minimum. I guess the only other thing one could do is consider getting a place with a garage or chaining up a mean *** dog next to their ride LOL.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaimesonlee
True, sounds like the thieves here may be veterans. Either way, it will deter the unseasoned thief at minimum. I guess the only other thing one could do is consider getting a place with a garage or chaining up a mean *** dog next to their ride LOL.
The circular 20 pin lockout thing is pretty slick. It disables various parts of the vehicle, and using all black wiring to make it more difficult. You could intercept the POS power on one of the runs, then intercept the Injector runs on another. Fuel pump on another.

The down side is, if you only interrupt 12v constant signals, still easy to bypass.

If you remove the entry point. (the small hole they like to put in the door) that can help deter people. No locking mechanism to utilize makes it easy. The issue with the factory alarm/some other alarms is that they make the hole right to simulat you turning the key in the door.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

has anyone tried lo/jack or know how much it costs?

Sorry if im like asking off subject questions.... it really sucks to get your stuff stolen and i hope everything finds a way of working out for you guys.

I caught someone breaking into my truck last fall, by the time i could get my massive heavy duty flash light out to crake them over the head with it they were gone... the next guy that tries to steal from me wont be soo lucky.....

I jusy bought this car and thought that its would be hard to steal because its a high performance luxury sedan, figured audi would put some though into that!

Quick Reply: They just stole my S4 :(