S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Thinking of selling my blue alcantara interior... how much can I get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wish i'd spoken to you first!!!

too late now though. already paid for a ****ty condition interior. and i paid more than marc was selling his for. oh well. guess you can't really put a definitive price on something like a used interior. seems it's worth what you can sell it for. for example, the guy i just bought an interior from got more than the guy you bought yours from - and yours is probably in much better shape than the one i got.

however, i bought the cheapest one i could find, and i called a lot of places, and looked through all the classifieds i could find. now i have to find out how much the stock audi seat rails cost. i'd really like to keep my front seats and put them in my next car if possible. aftermarket seats with the same stuff and quality are way too expensive imho, and i love the onxy/blue s4 front seats. they always served me well.

the guys at mitch's auto will probably get the $3,400 they want for the interior, cause it is a lot cheaper for an insurance company to use those instead of a new interior from the dealership.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi, I am not interested in swaps as I will be going to aftermarket seats.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default just found this on ebay,,, 1000 complete, reserve met 24 hours left

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2471668599">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2471668599</a>
Old 04-11-2004, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I can't use that at all. The drivers seat isn't worth jack ****.

the side impact airbag is done on the drivers seat. I can't give my car to the insurance company with anything less than a good interior. Worn is fine, but not in the shape of that ebay interior. Besides, the guy has a feedback rating of 6. It's a risky buy unless you go paypal. Even then it's risky, all the guy has to do is ship you empty boxes, and the paypal guarantee's go out the window. (it happened to me already - credit card company couldn't help me either)

The pictures aren't good enough to assess condition, although the guy says the speaker grills aren't properly attached to the door panels - guess what --- S4 speaker grills can't be taken off unless you rip them off. So getting them back on and making it look perfect may not be possible anymore. I'd say the value of that interior is probably around $1,500. I wouldn't be surprised if it went for more or less though, ebay is weird like that. I'd say what I paid for is fine. The interior I'm swapping mine with will satisfy the insurance company, and it wasn't cheap, but it was the going rate. You can't expect to get an incredible deal all the time, and I didn't have the time to wait for a right time/right place deal, which rarely happens anyway.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:06 PM

so what did you do with your interior? Sell it? All I saw were your seatbacks.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just bought a ****ty & worn black/blue interior.

I'm going to pull mine out, and replace it with the ****ty one (the insurance company is taking the car, and they don't care if the interior is worn, as long as it's stock)

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine yet. I'm contemplating keeping it (never know when I might get another S4)
or I might just keep the fronts.
I can put the S4 seats in anything as long as I can buy stock Audi seat rails.
Or I might sell the entire interior.
I dunno.

I do know that eventually I want another S4. If someone puts some serious time and effort into the S4's, and gets good power *600 or more* with reliability, then I'll be looking for another S4. I'm guessing it'll take at least 5 years for the S4's to get to this point, if at all. (i'd wait till forged internals and stuff were readily available, like the 300ZX or Supra market)

So I dunno. I might sell it, I might not.

A mint black/blue interior is going to be damn near impossible to get a hold of a few years from now, and I know this, which is why I might keep mine. Course, I might decide to go with aftermarket even if I do get another S4. And I'm not sure if I really want to store this interior for a long time. We'll see, but at least I now have options.

The weakest points of the S4 imho are:
tranny (there is no good bolt in reinforced bulletproof option for the S4 yet)
halfshafts (nothing here yet either)
differentials (what is available is too expensive, and probably can't handle a true 600whp/600trq)
and of course, noone has pushed the block to the limit yet - over a long term (like 3 years or more while pushing it hard and getting a lot of power, with 15k miles per year)
Old 04-12-2004, 02:39 AM

Default For some reason I don't think the S4 will ever reach that stage....

for comparisons sake, take the 1.8T. Been around a long time, and in a crapload of cars...economical (relatively speaking) and easy to work on....tuners have made all the parts for this motor. But the 2.7TT? I don't think the market is there....most people that would have picked up this sedan probably weren't the 'supra and 300zx' types, atleast not today (I'm speculating).

I really would like to see that day come, but these cars are hard to tune with all the variables involved....hopefully 8^)

Good luck man, whatever path you choose!

Aman
Old 04-12-2004, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you might be right...

but if you're wrong, i'll find myself with another B5 S4. if not, i'm done with Audi's. The whole german build thing is a myth imho. That's coming from a lot of experience with bmw's, audi's and jap brands. However, I like the B5 S4 as a chasis to build on. If I could make the car powerful and bullitproof, then I'll get another. I feel bad for people who wil end up owning the cars out of warranty - especially those who will end up with a previous stage II or III car. The tranny's and diff's ain't cheap.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Agreed, it gives me piece of mind to know that I've taken care of the car...

from day one....and if anything breaks, I'm to blame, not someone elses negligence.

My warranty goes in a month, but I'm not to worried about it. I'm determined to do as much maintenance myself as possible, so parts will be costly but it will be a great learning experience.

You're right, the japanese builds are getting better and better in terms of quality, luxury, and being 'solid' instead of lightweight. But you know why I love this car? NO OTHER car makes me feel the way the B5 S4 does. It's got it's downsides, but the benefits far outweigh them for me.

Washed the car this morning....it's been 3 years since I bought her, and I STILL look back, repeatedly, walking away in the parking lot.

that's why I'll be keeping this car for a good long while, although it will soon graduate to the weekend-er.

Peace
Aman
Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree with you...

I wasn't EVER planning on selling my car. Mostly because since I got the car in 2001, there hasn't been anything new out that could give me all that the S4 could. There still isn't anything under 100K that I would trade my MY S4 for (if it were still around). A stock S4 is a different story - stock S4's are dissappointing imho.

well, ok, I might have done it for an Esprit. =)

but I would have gotten a GE warranty as soon as my factory warranty was done. Things that tend to go are still retardedly expensive to fix, even if you do all the labor yourself. And that's even if you babied the car.