S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Thinking of trading my S for an S2000, any takers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correction

nut and stud....

Scorch, the stud came out with the nut. Must have been cross-threaded with a bitchin' air impact gun. The stud was slightly bent and the threads on the stud were molested to put it lightly. Ended up having to get both top d-p nuts out from the bottom. Not that hard to do, but the socket extension linkage kept binding on the heat shield

I'm glad I had to go through all that B.S. today. It'll make Troy's install look like a filter change.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:45 PM

Default S2000 is pretty reliable...I beat the CRAP out of mine and never had a problem:)

however...my friend has a S4 with the giac x-chip...that thing is fast as hell...smokes the s2000. And it seems as if you have the mercedes for when you need practicality, so screw it man , go for the s2000, its a lot of fun...and sounds SWEET...good luck whatever you decide
Old 05-01-2002, 11:46 PM

Default LoL, yeah, I'm glad I didn't have to work much.....

Just sat back bein lazy.....I'm off to bed...Peace all....Was an interesting day...
Old 05-01-2002, 11:48 PM

Default Now thats the fun part.

A car thats slow if you suck and fast if you kick ***, is what I need.

Not something that you are ok if you suck, and still only ok fast if you kick ***.

And there is something to be said about a hi-reving engine. At that hi-rev the responds is top notch. By responds I don't mean how much you get shoved into the seat. I mean how linearly the power comes compare to the angle your right foot is to the ground.

Also at the hi-rev the engine break is also high. So basicly you have lots of power and braking with just your right foot. Push down to go, let off the get the back to come out a bit at a turn.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default True...but don't forget the value of AWD. If you drift around a corner, you're scrubbing speed

while an Audi(granted, a pig), pushes through the turn. Power is linear in an S2ooo, yes, but my car responds very well to throttle inputs, too. It's all in how you use your right foot, obviously. Sounds like you have a fun car, though. I just can't fit in one easily. Plus I can't haul groceries well in an S2K ;P
Old 05-02-2002, 12:04 AM

Default Man chandler, I hope your chat with me didnt make you think differently about fixing the S4..

As it stands right now, were not sure if your little 02 Sensor operation caused the short in the system; its possible, but uncertain.

I know how you feel when you mention reliability. Having a fast fun car is no fun when you have problems with it. Believe me, EVERY car has problems, even my M has some problems. With the honda S2k, the main problem is the transmission. Numerous friends of mine have had tranny problems with their S2k. One guy had it replaced TWICE! This is one of the reasons why I believe hondas are so reliable, their tranny goes out before any harm can be done to the motor, i.e high reving or hard driving.

But if you decide to sell the S4 and buy the S2k, Im all for it. S2k is a nice car for the money. But lets face it, the S4 is an awesome car. The main reason why I sold my S4 is because I wanted to have an all motor car (Less maintainence in the long run). Also in heat, all motor cars are less effected by heat and humidity. Audi didnt exactly did us any favors by putting steel intercoolers on the S4.

One last note, I suggest you take a look at the M roadster Most dealership should sell them for MSRP (no markup like the Coupe). I think my M Coupe pulls harder than my SS Camaro with mods, its almost scary fast. I took one of my female friends out for a ride one night and she thought I was trying to kill her when I pulled a 1st gear redline and power shifted 2nd gear In the S4 with chip and all, she would continue talking when I punched it, but in the M the only thing she mutters when I punch it is .. Shiiiiiiiittt.

Just remember to set aside about 540 dollars for a pair of HID's, best mod for these cars.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:08 AM

Don't do it.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:23 AM

Default Never had a problem (Yet)

Personally, buying an S2000 is a fool proof decision. As long as you dont roll it off a hill (Lots of s2000 have been doing that lately) I think you'll be ok
Old 05-02-2002, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

we are in the same boat, selling my s4 for a NSX
Old 05-02-2002, 01:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I sell both ur cars and get a 355.

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading my S for an S2000, any takers?