S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

For those that are thinking of buying from Achtuning, you should scroll down....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought from them before and would do so again without hesitation.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:55 AM

Default Although I realize mistakes can be made, a blantant lie from them about the...

way the transaction took place is not cool in my book. While yes, they seemed like good guys and at times in the right situation are, to lie to their consumer on Audiworld just isn't what this is about. After reading that I had to post this again. This isn't about not dealing with them. It's about empty promises followed up by a misleading apology.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:57 AM

Default I honestly do thank you for at least that instead of waiting a couple of days. It's all just food ..

for thought next time.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:28 AM

Default Nicely put OW Kenobi...my sentiments exactly (more)...

There's no doubt that Achtuning has been a helpful resource on this forum. I see Josh and Ben's postings all the time. Their presence on this site is likely helpful to users and, no doubt, very good for their business. Just scroll to the top of any page within AW and you'll see their banner ad 24/7 in the upper right hand corner - ubiquitious.

The posting by 'Zero' yesterday has been nothing but helpful to those whom have benefited as well as have been negatively affected by Achtuning. The conversations that ensued between all parties shed light on issues of expectation (what we all demand as customers, users, and enthusiasts), communication (what is or is not reasonable in terms of buyer/vendor relationship), and dilligence (ultimate fulfillment of an agreement or promise between both parties).

Like I've mentioned before, many new users of this site have probably been driven to Achtuning based on their presence on AW. 90% or more of these folks likely had a good experience with Josh and Ben. The other 10% or more may have encountered difficulty, but given the nature of doing business with these guys, may have not had the opportunity to shed light on their problems because they've either had to suck-it-up-and deal or had no democratic means of sounding off.

At the end of the day, whether it is in sports, work or personal relationships, the manner in which an organization or person deals with criticism and adversity will ultimately reflect in how well it succeeds or fails. In the case of Achtuning, the way in which Ben and Josh deal with the disaffected 10%, publicly as well as behind the scenes, will really affirm or dis-avow their hope to become one of the best vendors within the marketplace.

You are absolutely right - there are many competent tuners/resellers out there for us to choose from. Hopefully, Achtuning will take the opportunity to review this particular thread, keep it for future reference and take your advice to "analyze themselves more critically and make some changes."
Old 04-16-2004, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

REPOST!! (edited)
Old 04-16-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Hey c'mon...obviously you can't read to well because some people actually...

appreciated it. .
Old 04-16-2004, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is not a new issue. People have had problems with certain resellers/tuners for years (edited)
Old 04-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Stätus Josh

Default Re: Nicely put OW Kenobi...my sentiments exactly (more)...

You guys have some great points. We all know that no company is perfect. We all make mistakes. We have always owned up to mistakes and truth be told we have cut down on the 'dissapointments' a lot in the last 6 months. If you look at the amazing increases we've had in sales, overall problems have actually decreased as a percentage of our sales! I can count on one hand the issues we've had recently and many of the times things were really out of our control.

We use negative feedback like this to analyze our policies and try and figure out what we did wrong, or rather would we could have do better next time. We're setting record sales numbers each month, we've added staff, and we've been working non stop to improve our customer service. We hope that you guys will see the results of this and will begin to rebuild trust with those with hesitations or previous negative experiences.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-16-2004, 11:53 AM

Deep down and despite the flak, I and others are rooting for you guys. Thank you for your sincerity.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:57 AM

Default I know you guys mean well and I'll probably use you again. It was nothing personal..

but just some advice given in a different venting manner. No use wasting anyones time over it. Your car still kicks *** Josh!