S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

For those of you complaing about Don Rosen mostly B6...(Long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you complaing about Don Rosen mostly B6...(Long)

forum but i'm a B5er so i'm posting hereome of you may have seen my earlier post about how I was having trouble with the Check engine light and EPC light coming on at the same time, well after having a mechanic friend of mine check it out after to work to make sure it wasn't anything major I took my car to YBH Audi on Rt 3 in Newtown Square. Not only did they check out the car for me again, they fixed it for free (I have no Warranty) my SA called me to tell what time they had started working on it, i've never had this type of service. Great service better then Don Rosen, I've never been to Audi of HV so i can't comment. Like i said putting this out for those that don't want to use Don Rosen give YBH a shot.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default had to read that one twice...

but glad to hear it went well
Old 09-14-2005, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Everytime I go to HV Audi they call me to tell me when they started, Next call before lunch progress

next call at around 4 maybe tell me if they need any more time, or if I can come get it. Everytime I go in to the dealer it is a different experience. Sometimes I feel they are ripping me off, other times I feel like they are helping me out by giving me great deals, support, and customer service.

YBH is a bit of a drive for me. I've never been to Don Rosen, but I've heard they are decent. I've noticed that a lot of the people at HV are from Don Rosen by certificates, shirts, and evesdropping. : P

I only use Holberts for backup. If I need something ASAP they usually have it, and are closer than others. I don't typically like their setup and customer service.

If I ever want to try out a new dealer I will definatly try out YBH.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default YBH is a bunch of incompetent fools...

if you dont mind your car getting f'd up bring it there. My buddy who is a mechanic has towed many cars to them and some of the things he has seen just will blow your mind. I have personaly spent a long time in DR's service department and have met most of the techs. All are top notch ( especially TJ and Eric) and Ed is my SA and couldnt be any better at what he does. Most of the techs at DR know there stuff. The new SM Tim is a great guy. Its all in which SA you deal with. Deal with Ed and you will be happy.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the Real DR/HV Story...

Don Rosen and his Partner owned Don Rosen and HV. Don wanted HV and the partner wanted Don Rosen Imports. Ever since the change Don Rosen has gotten better and HV has gotten a little worse from what I have heard. Also they moved a lot of people around before the change. DR lost one of my fav. techs, but they gained my current tech who is really really good.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Word?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll wait until my next service, and try them out. I have never been there, but always want to go..
Old 09-14-2005, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have seen some things when I went there with my B5....

but since my buddy spent time in their shop i trust him. They royally f'd up a B5 S4 that was in a wreck when repairing it.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just make sure you deal with Ed.....
Old 09-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

good god, was that english?

Quick Reply: For those of you complaing about Don Rosen mostly B6...(Long)