S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

For those of you that have aftermarket seats...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you that have aftermarket seats...

1)What brackets did you use, is there a kit that you can buy, or did you buy universal ones and retrofit them into the stock S4 location.

2)How did you wire in the resistor(OHM?) so the ABS light doesn't go off?

3) Post picks of the bracket setup, the resistor mod, and finish product.

anyone did this mod in the Chicagoland area?

thanks...
Old 11-24-2001, 11:00 AM

Default Seat coming monday....more

Just ordered Cobra seat from Sube Sport...they
say they make a bracket/mount specifically for the S4 (different from A4--special order) which will
arrive a week later. We'll see how it works.
I bought the Cobra Daytona seat.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:05 AM

Default Here's thier website

I ordered the Daytona seat since this supposedly is their best everyday-use seat, and it is wider than the others and excellent for those with broader builds (recaro SRD too narrow for me when I sat in one)<ul><li><a href="http://www.subesports.com">http://www.subesports.com</a</li></ul>
Old 11-24-2001, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Warning - They will rip you off if they get a chance - Complete A$$holes!
Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 PM

Default Believe it or not...

my local Recaro dealer (in Detroit) REFUSED to
sell me seats when I came in person to look at them. They got scared about their liability with
disconnecting side airbag#!# I guess the only way for me to get Recaro seats is to order online or by phone with another dealer out of state. Is that crazy or what? They wouldn't even sell them to me and let ME put them in. I guess they'll never sell
to Audi owners????
NO matter, all the recaros I tried were too narrow for me anyway (except orthoped)

BTW--what probs with sube sports?
Old 11-24-2001, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My 2 cents on ****tySports

I wanted/need a helmet and harness for some of my track activities. I was given Subies name from a fellow auto-x-er. So, on a Holiday weekend, I placed an order for a shroth 4-point harness, and bell m2....I wanted it for the next weekend, so I paid for 2-day shipping. (Big premium $50 shipping).

Come Wed, I hadn't receieved anything, so I called. (The harness arrived wednesday afternoon)
The Helmet was on backorder (for WEEKS and no Bell M2 helmets would be available to ANY retailer - LIARS!). I told them to cancel the helmet order, and they said no problem.

I ordered another Bell M2 from a local retailer, and it arrive in one day (paid UPS ground too).

Two days later, I received a Bell M2 helmet from Subie. I figured they made a mistake - no problem, I'll call and ask how to return.

They said 20% restocking fee. I said "No", they f'ed up my order and even shipped to the wrong address (it was outside my house for two days - as I only ship to work, where I know it'll get signed for.)

I argued and aregued with those f'n a$$holes....and all they gave me was the legal notice (in fine print) on their website.

1) they cost me $50 in overnight shipping when it took a week to get a product - what's the point of overnight?
2) they wanted to charge me restocking fee - when they forgot to cancel my order
3) they obviously only care about scamming people and not customer service
4) I found out after the fact that I could have bought the helmet cheaper almost anywhere else.

the Two clowns over that that dont know how to spell customer service are Chad DiMarco & Andreas Cardini....Andreas was trying to help, but Chad is the head *******....and All I got out of him was this letter (see after -----)

This letter was more diplomatic than the whole situation appears....These guys really boiled my blood.

-----------------------------------------------
Dear "Smokin_S4"

Dear Matt,

With regards to your cancellation of your Bell M2 Helmet, received via e-mail @ 2:14 PM on the 10th of September:

Unfortunately, receipt into our general mail box and opening of it transpired after the dispatch of the helmet that same day on a 2nd day label, as directed by your E-commerce order with us. Due the very unfortunate disasters that took place on the early EST hours of the 11th, none of our second day air packages made it out of the local hub on that same morning, consequently your package did not arrive to your location until the 17th. We do apologize for the delivery being made to your home verses your office, that is our mistake.

Due to cancellation after the dispatch of the helmet, it was impossible for us to cancel your order and consequently you have received your helmet based upon your purchase on line with us. Per our terms and conditions published on our web-site, there is a 20% re-stocking fee if you wish to return the helmet with an issued RAN#. Because of the delivery of the helmet to your home verses your office, I would be glad to reduce this restocking fee to 10% in consideration.

My decision in this matter is also predicated on our telephone conversation, in which you identified your need for the helmet for the weekend of the 22nd. In that conversation we agreed that we could fulfill your time line if shipped before the 12th on a second day air, and would you contact me on that Wednesday to proceed with the helmet or not. The helmet shipped to you on the 10th.

Please in the future, if you have a time sensitive order to place with us, take the time to either e-mail or call us on availability before ordering on line. We have no window of insight of your needs without this communication and do not guarantee availability of items at the time of your order.

Best Regards,

Chad DiMarco
Old 11-24-2001, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have the recaro SRs and A4 brackets which will not work..

If recaro makes a bracket for the S4 they would not sell it to me. I am currently looking for a custom solution. I have these custom covered seats sitting in my living room taunting me.

I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of people. Anyone got a solution they can help me with??? New bracket? modified A4 bracket? Anything...
Old 11-24-2001, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't tell them it's an S4...tell them it's an A4 w/power seats
Old 11-26-2001, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hadn't thought about that.. Still it took like 3 months to get the A4 brackets...

I don't have a lot of confidence in recaro right now....