S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

TIAL GT specs/dyno numbers..............................

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i'd do a clutch better than rs4 w/o a doubt (ko4-s smoke rs4 clutches) , and also rods imho.

and btw do you have any pics of the engine work ?
the rods / pistons especially .. TIA !
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea this is a project, im putting rods in the bottom end and arp main bolts or whatver is out theri

im going to use it with asp's fueling and there dp's and possibly have mark tune it
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i would def get Mark to tune it !
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Default I have photos of the heads somewhere, but the internals were done a couple of years ago at AMS...

I have no photos. If I hadn't seen the hardware myself before it was actually installed, I'd be second guessing its existence.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:43 AM

Default Hmmm... While it's certainly your choice...

I don't know that Mark would be the best choice for a tune on these turbos. He has made a significant investment in the development and marketing of the ASP GT kit. While I don't know him, and I have every reason to believe he's a good person, I know that he has a purchasing relationship with TiAL for certain of the components in his kit, but might be a little shy about extracting the full potential from a kit that competes directly with his own. I don't think he'd consciously "undertune", but it might be hard for him to invest the same attention that he does with his own kit under the circumstances.

Freedom of choice is a big part of this kit, and while you're welcome to tune it in whatever manner you like, this is just a point of consideration as you make that choice.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default maybe you got a motor a-la STALEY from texas .. built motor ..with stock parts

j/k ..i certainly hope that is not the case.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM

oooohh scott jsut got burned> well staley burned him, you just brought it up
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i know
Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Default Believe me... when I saw Scott's motor last week, the thought did cross my mind...

...but I saw the RS4 pistons and Cunningham rods with my own eyes before they went into my motor, and Marc was using one of my stock pistons as an ashtray for a year or so after that.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default after seeing how he tuned my ko4 setup and gained 60whp from OTS i have no doubt about his tuning

I can see the reason why he might not tune it.

in all honesty I could potentially see him scrapping his kit with the new tial release. one, hes working on a supercharger for the b6/b7. two, the gt kits are made per order so theres no loss(except for development) three, the gt 28's possibly make more power 670whp on pump not sure the tials are in the same category.

so maybe he wont scrap it, but its not like he built a ton of gt setups and is waiting for customers, there built to order.

so perhaps hell start selling them mroe options are def better. if he doesnt sell them im sure hell tune them and he can still sell his fueling for tial turbs and make a ots kit. Im sure the ko4 fueling will suffice for the tials.

ko4 kit
tial gt kit
gt28 kit

thats all up to him though.

tuning my car perhaps will be his guinea pig if he decides to and if i decide to go through with it.

also mark is a stand up guy and im sure he would like to find out the ability of these turbos just like everyone else regardless if its a new turb out that sort of competes with his.(imnot sur eon that one though)

or ill just buy ko4's and save dough and get a motorcycle as well

Quick Reply: TIAL GT specs/dyno numbers..............................