S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Towed..Damaged a wheel..Pissed Off..Suing the towing company...Virginians beware..

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-1999, 07:23 AM
mm

Default So I suppost that by your logic...

...a towing company should have free license to damage a car that is illegally parked, either through negligence or malice. Come on! The last time I checked, two wrongs didn't make a right.

If the car was illegally parked, than the fact that it was towed would be the owner's fault, and the towing/impound charges would be the owner's responsibility. However, this does not absolve the towing company from their responsibility to tow the car properly, with due diligence, AND WITHOUT DAMAGE! This is a clear cut case of negligence on the part of the towing company, and they are thus responsible for any resulting damage to the car.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting illegal parking, but being illegally parked does not give someone else the right to damage your property, either intentionally or through negligence.

Audi Quattros are not cars that "can't be towed," they simply must be towed a certain way to prevent damage. This is not uncommon knowledge, in fact, such "special" towing measures are generally required for any AWD car. It is the towing company's responsibility to know and understand how to tow cars properly, as this is their business. And it is further the towing company's duty to make every reasonable effort to handle cars properly and in a manner which will not result in damage to the vehicle, otherwise they are guilty of negligence. The owner here is not a fault for any damage to his car as a result of the car having been towed improperly.
Old 11-17-1999, 07:55 AM
SIlver S4

I am with you all the way. Still trying to talk to the owner..His phone is now conveniently busy!!!