S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Traded in my S4 for a Civic Si (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's a lot of **** we should accept to break on our cars, and I can see where this guy is coming..

from.

But, like the rest of the people on this forum, I have accepted these risks because the positives of this car far outweigh the negatives. And after 2 years of CPO ownership I have had little to no problems, knock on maple-wood-trim ;-p
Old 04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default My point here is not that he should deal with it...

it's that he doesn't seem capable of dealing with it (which is fine), so perhaps buying a new Civic and voiding your warranty in the first month isn't the best solution *for him*.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So are you saying he needs to be spanked hard like a young sl*t???

;-P
Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

sorry about your troubles. It just sounds like you bought the wrong S4.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Also maybe because of his suspensio and alignment problems as well.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Default so does that mean you know how to fix these problems and you can fix them on your own?

cuz i took it to the dealer many times for some of the above problems and they were not fixed. they tried to fix the o2 sensor problem many times, and if i didn't have vag tool i would even know there is an o2 sensor problem. cat was replaced under warranty along with o2 sensors, still have the same f'ing issues.

don't think the tracking problems is due to 4 new tires.

they can't steal my car unless they have another spare ecu or a flat bed buddy. i have the apr anti-theft, that is the only reason i still have the car.

i don't go very fast in the snow cuz it is slipping and sliding all over the place. it is fun how it tries to pull it self back into line. quattro at work. snow and rain two differnt animals.

who the hell wants their car to sound like a sewing machine, datdatdatdat.... the fact of the matter is, no noise before i take it into the dealer, noise after.

dealer unable to determine source of burning smell, the seals are all good.

who the hell wants a car that has all these problems. its been in and out of the dealer more often than i can count.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:34 PM

Default checked it, not low. anyway i'm rid of this car. maybe would have better luck with the new S4.

sans turbos and new not CPO.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM

Default easy fixes yes, but each time it is a couple of days in the shop. you add all those up and ....

you have months in the shop. i don't think that is how owning a car should be. i've owned 10 other cars since this one and none of them except one had this many problems. the toyota MR2 turbo. again it was a problematic turbo.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:41 PM

Default possibly bad service department. iffy repairs. take a long time to fix, then break other things...

many of the items are not under warranty.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes.

If I don't already know how to fix them, there is an FAQ on AW that will give me a good head start. And when that's not enough, I start tapping the brainpower on AW for more help. The point here is that the issues you describe don't require a degree in rocket science to solve. The fact that the dealer didn't solve them doesn't mean they were complex issues. It means they probably put the wrong guy on the job.

And all this brings me back to my original point. Who's gonna fix your supercharged Civic when that breaks?

Quick Reply: Traded in my S4 for a Civic Si (long)