S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Update on Clutch Master Stg IV Clutch and Freak Super Snub.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Update on Clutch Master Stg IV Clutch and Freak Super Snub.

First, I am really pleased with the Clutch. Smooth engagement, even with a lightweight flywheel. I haven't detected any chatter, pedal effor is ***VERY*** stock-like with low effort. The engagement point is not right at the floor like the other clutches I have had. Haven't launched the car hard yet, can't wait to get an opportunity for that!

The super-snub. The interesting part of this is that the guy that is making them has been the only mechanic to work on my car other than a couple of times that he was out of town for minor issues. He is an Audi Certified Master Tech and used to work for Champion back in the day. Very knowledge able. he has been listening to me complain about the various snubs that I have had in the car for about 4 years now. Even with a DTS, I had always noticed a lot of movement from the front of the motor. It used to feel like the motor was just hopping up and down under hard acceleration with ALL snubs that I have had prior to this one.

The man has done his homework. This snub, inconjunction with the Stasis Motor Mounts, RS4 Tranny Mounts, and DTS that I had previously, has gotten rid of nearly 100% of the driveline slop. No additional vibration, probably due to the compound he is using.

I saw a lot of comments on a previous thread saying "$60 is too expensive". Let's look at it this way...for $10 extra, you get a snub that works well and will likely improve the longevity of the other mounts in the car because of it's design -- preventing lateral motion as well as vertical and still allowing enough flexion to compensate for the potentional vibration. I think he towed the line between performance and daily driveabilty very well. He is an enthusiast and interested in the good of the Audi performance community, not making a ton of money.

I really think you guys will like this alot if you try it. I know I've spent alot more money for mods that had alot less benefit than this one.

I think he is inquiring about getting his advertizer account setup. So you will see more about this in the near future.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vast $26 bucks. apr went from $35 to $49 and it's a rip off. 60 bucks PLUS SHIPPING is absurd.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Vast is smaller diameter and allows a lot more movement then APR does.

I had both and am going to go back to APR or another make.

I have the VAST one in now. But after install I noticed considerable movement over the APR product.

Sizing them up and you can see why. The vast one is considerably smaller in diameter.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Elder Member

Uh, OK. I went from APR to VAST. My APR was fvcked.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My APR was fine when I replaced it, I replaced it because everyone on here talked them up...

I don't doubt the Vast one will outlast all of them, it's bulletproof. But I really need it to reduce slop, not last forever...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'm aware. super dupper freaky snubby snub is not bad design at all, but 70 to my door is high.

i'm not hating, just saying.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Try this one...I've had both that you have had...This one had far less movement that both.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you looked at the 034 Motorsport $80 version?

THAT is a rip off, not to mention you have to change out the cage. For real, we're talking about $10 here...not $100. I also think the price will go down...I think right now he is only trying to cover the manufacturing costs...the dude isn't trying to get rich. He really is trying to help. Most people are driven by financial gain. He has been one of the few people that I have met that really cares about what he does. That's worth 10 bucks to me.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mine was literally cracked and deformed.

BTW, good to see ya back.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Default fact: i've gone through *two* destroyed apr snub mounts.

now on my 4th snub mount, 4th set of motor mounts.
i run a vast and am happy.

Quick Reply: Update on Clutch Master Stg IV Clutch and Freak Super Snub.