S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Update on my GenX GT28R:

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

internet attack mode 5 "i choose you splitstrike!"
Old 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rofl
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Don't get put off by people hatin on you. There is always a loud minority pickin **** apart to make

themselves feel better about what they have. It only shows what type of person they are. Don't let it get you down.

You built the car to enjoy so enjoy it.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned

Default The GT curse lives on :(... Inevitably, there will always be naysayers that will coax you into...

defending your project, but if you brush it off they will eventually move their immature speculation and comments onto somebody else.
Remember that you ultimately engaged in this project for a car that satisfies your goals while offering opportunities for other B5 owners.
Ironic part of these situations is the fact that the individuals who speculate and make immature accusations are the ones who 1) Can't afford to support a project like this 2) Have not interest in purchasing the kit so it is a unsubstantiated heckling 3) Have other shortcomings in their life that cause them to troll.
I have been in several GT cars to date, and only the people that have know the difference.
Welcome to the club and most of all...ENJOY YOUR CAR!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Default Very sorry, Alex. This community is going down the drain IMO, which is why I'm anxious to get out...

Way too much in the form of politics for my taste, first and foremost. Secondly, there are way too many **** poor personalities around here.

I'm stepping back from this stuff these days. I have a history of being involved in way too much of it, but I vow for that to be a thing of the past. I don't have the time nor the desire. There are still many folks here who are decent people and whom I consider friends, but the rest really ruin it for those that want to contribute.

I completely respect your decision, although I wish it wasn't so. Maybe you'll still feel comfortable sharing with a select few who you are convinced won't have ulterior motives.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I admire your project and look forward to your updates

so that i can have a better idea of what i am doing when i finally get the money to do so myself. It's unfortunate that the "bad guys" are bringing you down. Just ignore them!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You know what, you're right.

While it's hard to hold back antagonizing someone with this kind of personality, it's doing nothing for this situation.

To be brutally honest, I'm uncertain on what to do. My signature has always been a satire on those who would refrain from posting any information on their GT setups. I can say that I now understand why they don't. It's not to spite people, it's because of the so-called "haters" on these forums.

To me, this bashing/hating has gone beyond just internet jibber-jabber. I'm getting phone calls from people trying to sucker me into racing like I'm some kind of target.

It's just not right on any level, and at this point it's almost not worth the anguish.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well said^^^
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Your problem is that your motivation for posting is wrong

If you weren't doing it to prove you are the "fastest" you wouldn't have any of these problems.

start every post with "my car is slow."

from then on, you can post anything you like. If you truly believe you are doing good by sharing information, it shouldn't matter if you are slow.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yeah Alex the phone calls and anything beyond the forum

would drive me insane. I don't know you but it seems that you have a very focused project and are taking your time dialing it in which i respect. But phone calls and any other inappropriate means of calling a challenge or bashing is ridiculous and very immature. It's sad that people are taking it that far.

Quick Reply: Update on my GenX GT28R: