S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Updated: S4 Recovered in Newark

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default also... get to the tow yard as soon as you can.

or you might end up with more "gone" from the car
Old 03-03-2004, 09:15 AM

You got screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Wats is ROJO's, one of the dealerships?

I can't find it on the Audi Dealer Page..

help a brother out here..
Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, it's a very good collision repair/body shop.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:21 AM

Default sorry read on.......................

Dentys is a place where you never want your car to be. They have been indited over 5 times in the last year and a half. They have been caught for severly overcharging, charging for things they really didnt do, and stolen parts. Odds are that the car was stripped by dentys, or at least some parts. They will take anything they can off your car, sidemarkers, wheels, whatever. MAD corrupt place. I have the lowdown on newark, trust me. Get your car out of there asap. 75% of s4s stolen and ending up in newark are just used as drifting toys and fun drives. Go to any block in newark, ironbound isnt that bad. Look on the corners and all you will see is tire marks. They go around blocks over and over again drifting. Your car ended up in the worst part of newark. The east side. There are projects there that cops wont go in. If you are personally going to go down there call me(i emailed you) and i will meet and take you there. let me know and sorry again, trust me i feel your pain
Old 03-03-2004, 09:27 AM

Default the newark police station, i am assuming you went to the ....

newark auto task force(city hall building), is the nicest part of newark by faaaar. You would have **** your pants if you went to somewhere real bad. The problem is that when a car ends up in newark or the surronding areas, the newark auto task force has to fingerprint the car. They take forever because of so many stolen cars.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:30 AM

Default the only thing that might save you from denty stripping more off the...

car is that they wont strip or even touch the car until the newark auto task force comes to print the car. After that its open part season. Get there before the task force prints the car or find out when they are going to do it and show up at the same time. This MIGHT save some parts. Just remember how hot of a item s4 parts are?
What mods did you have, i will keep my ears open.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Prints? Yeah, right. I was told by the police that there is absolutely no investigation...

...or follow-up in this type of case. Do you have personal experience to know that they actually fingerprint stolen vehicles? (I'm just curious, not trying to be antagonistic)
Old 03-03-2004, 09:50 AM

Default yes, if a vehicle is stolen and recovered around there the newark...

auto task force always(from every time i know about) prints the cars. My car was held by the auto task force(still at the impound though) until prints are taken. I know the tow yard stole my sidemarkers because the thiefs barely had time to get out of the car and run let alone steal my sidemarkers. You have to go to city hall( the auto task force division) to get release papers. It just sounds odd because the police dont seem to care in this case. Maybe because it was stolen in new york. They are trying to crack down on the car theft rings in newark and surronding areas.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hear ya. I'm sure you're right that the city hall area is "good" comparatively...

...but that's no excuse for the place. It was an awful experience.

Quick Reply: Updated: S4 Recovered in Newark