S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Vag-Com Retailers: Who can I speak with who carries Vag-Com products?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vag-Com Retailers: Who can I speak with who carries Vag-Com products?

I am in need of an individual who carries vag-com products and could answer one question promptly. Also, if you are "qualified" and have great knownledge of vag-com products, you can help as well. I can be reached at Magicseller@aol.com or AIM at Magicseller

Or you could just go ahead and post here, regardless I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 12-24-2004, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Why not just ask the question?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Uh... maybe try the vag-com forum???
Old 12-24-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Ok, I was recently scammed out of $70 after purchasing a vag-com cable (homemade) off of ebay (more)

I filed a claim with paypal after the seller ignored me. I have gotten to the point where PayPal is requesting an:

"unbiased third-party such as dealer, repair shop, appraiser, individual or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised."

The chip that attaches in between the serial port and the OBD II cable has a LED that NEVER lit up regardless of whether or not it was attached to the car/laptop. The cable never had any power which, as a result, would not function with Ross-Tech's software - as stated in the the auction.

So I'm requesting that a "qualified" person of ross-tech products (or something like that) to write me a quick paragraph I could use to fax to paypal. I would REALLY appreciate this!
Old 12-24-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Honestly, the state of the LED has nothing to do with its compatability with VAG-COM...

I have one homebrew cable, and one that I bought from Ross-Tech. The former has an LED that doesn't light... but it does work.

Are you certain that your COM port is working, and that your software is appropriately configured?
Old 12-24-2004, 07:18 PM

Yes, I've tested this cable out on three different laptops... It def. does not work.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

aren't you that race car driver?
Old 12-24-2004, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Everyone has to start somewhere... and at least he is trying to imrpove himself, It sure would be

nice if somebody banned you....
Old 12-24-2004, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default He's trying to pin a seller who sold him a shoddy cable, and

and as for reading the manual, you dont go through your manual before you drive the car, you read the manual when problems arrise. In all cars its different, especially when your new to a vehicle, if I didn't know any better I would assume a flashing oil light ment 'low oil' and I would have checked it accordingly, not your car is going to blow up if you dont turn it off in the next half second.

Whens the last time you read the manual to a blender before you used it?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i guess you'll never innovate then, always making sure

you do everything that somebody else has already written a book about, how do you think heal toe-ing came about? from a manual?

also congradulations on flying a plane, must be satisfying telling me about it on audiworld.

Quick Reply: Vag-Com Retailers: Who can I speak with who carries Vag-Com products?