S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Waashington DC Area Deealerships. Which one Good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 05:22 AM
KJ

Default Waashington DC Area Deealerships. Which one Good?

I'm thinking of christmas gifting myself an S4 shortly. As I live in the Washington DC area I have a few dealerships available to me. Has anyone dealt with either: Tischer, Heischmann or HBL? I'm willing to drive a bit too if anyone knows any good dealerships within an approx 200-300 mi radius. Thanks!

-K
Old 12-08-1999, 05:43 AM
Silver S4

Default Rockville Audi

My neighboor works for HBL and they still wouldn't discount the car at all. Heishmann can be rude from my experience especially if you come in looking like you cannot afford the car.

Nothing to give you on Ticsher.

Bob Brown Rockville Audi(301)881-0900 is who I dealt with. Did my transaction completely over the phone, never met the guy until I picked the car almost 6 weeks ago. I got 500 off the MSRP price only because I was a Navy Federal banking member. They are the distributor for the bank and usually offer large discounts to NFCU members.

Tell Bob, that Adam from VA sent you, maybe he will give you the same deal, unless they are discounting more now because of the lightened hype.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old 12-08-1999, 06:04 AM
Scott Tominovich

Default Re: Waashington DC Area Deealerships - Tischer!

I just purchased an S4 from Tischer in Silver Spring (salesman: Mi Sytleman)and I was very happy. I spoke to HBL...too slick for their own good...Go with Mi at Tishcer he was great. Criswell in Annapolis is good too...ask for Chad.
Old 12-08-1999, 06:09 AM
KJ

Re: Rockville Audi --- THANKS
Old 12-08-1999, 06:24 AM
Satisfied S4

Default Re: Waashington DC Area Deealerships. Which one Good?

I went to Rockville Porsche Audi (301-881-0900) and worked with salesman Bob Brown. Knowing my strong interest in the S4, he called me the moment that his dealership got their first "build slots" so that I would have first crack. He kept in touch with me regularly from that day in April until my Nogaro marvel showed up in September. Upon picking up the car, I was greeted and congratulated by the entire sales staff, and the manager was especially gracious. Following, Bob Brown introduced me to members of the service staff, building familiarization for future service visits. 1-2 weeks later, I was invited to take part in a lunch "new customer orientation" in which the srvice manager spent two hours addressing issues of possible import and fielding questions.

My experience was so positive that I reversed an earlier decision and accepted their offer of Rockville Porsche Audi license plate holders...although mainly to ward off rival parallel parkers.

Again, Bob Brown was my guy. If you wish, tell him that you were referred by Lansing.
Old 12-08-1999, 07:11 AM
Another Drew

Default More than a particular dealership, it's more important to find a good salesman.

It looks like everyone is giving a thumbs up on each of the local dealers.

I'll put my vote in for Heishman's. There are several of us on this board who've bought from Heishman's. Two of us bought from Bob McElwee who's a real car enthusiast (he used to race profesionally). But another one of us was pretty rudely treated after the sale by a different salesman. So it's probably a good idea to avoid him.

It's too bad Silver S4 felt like they were rude because he wasn't dressed like he can afford the car. Those guys aren't that way at all. I've never felt that way and I usually just go in a t-shirt and jeans. All the guys there are really laid back. They're not snobby like some other dealers with salesmen dressed in Hugo Boss. They don't even wear ties.

Heishman's also sponsors the local QCUSA here. I think in February Heishmans will open their repair bay to the QCUSA so we can work on our cars.

Do a search in the archives. I don't want to speak for others who would buy from Heishmans, but yu'll find a lot of comments on local dealers in DC.

If you'd like, l can call Bob to see if he's willing to discount at all. I know he's given discounts on S4's before.
Old 12-08-1999, 07:22 AM
Silver S4

Default My neighboor had this unpleasent experience and it was some time ago.

I have never been to Heishmann, its too far from my house. They could very well be a good dealership.
Old 12-08-1999, 07:23 AM
Josh Pinkert

Default Re: More than a particular dealership, it's more important to find a good salesman.

I had a rude reception on the BMW side of the dealership (before the A4 was available). But the Porsche side was quite nice. Their parts dept is top notch.
Old 12-08-1999, 08:08 AM
fAdI

bought it from Chip at Rockville for $500 off also..recommend chip.
Old 12-08-1999, 08:12 AM
Darin

Rockville Porche/Audi is Great

Quick Reply: Waashington DC Area Deealerships. Which one Good?