S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Waashington DC Area Deealerships. Which one Good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 10:01 AM
BLK A8

Default Most of it has to do with the salesperson, but (more)...

I would say as a general rule avoid HBL like the plague. They changed management styles a few years ago and almost the entire Mercedes sales staff defected to Euro Motorcars in Bethesda. Rumor had it that they brought in a former Chevrolet sales manager to oversee the sales force. Most of the classy MB salesmen who used to work at HBL are now at Euro Motorcars.

As for the HBL Audi dept, I can only speak from personal experience. The first guy I dealt with was an ***. The second guy was rude and uninformed. It was his second day on the job and he got fired not too much long after. So, it only takes a few bad apples to really ruin the impression of an entire dealership.

Heishman's is OK, but I had trouble nailing down a car timely. Visited Rockville Porsche Audi and I have to agree with Silver S4. Bob Brown is a great guy. He's nice, knowledgeable, honest, and that guy likes cars. I'd go visit Bob Brown and save yourself the hassles.

BLK A8
As usual, no affiliation with any of the dealerships. Just giving you my opinion
Old 12-08-1999, 10:24 AM
daphne

Default Re: More than a particular dealership, it's more important to find a good salesman.

I had a terrible experience with their BMW service folks. On the other hand, I had excellent experiences with their Audi folks (and they were servicing an 8 year old Audi 4000Q!)

If you do go to Heishman's, please avoid the saleman Jim used; he's proved himself to be quite a rude one.

I like having a dealer who will service my car, so frankly that's more important to me. Pick a dealer that is close to home, offers loaner cars, shines your shoes, and does a good job on the car. Your experience with the sale folks lasts a few hours, but service is a long term relationship.
Old 12-08-1999, 11:02 AM
adc

Re: also recommend Chip - got my A4 from him.
Old 12-08-1999, 11:12 AM
adc

Default Bad sales experience...

at Heishmann Audi, about 5 years ago. I don't remember the guy's name (he was older) and treated me like dirt. True, I was trying to buy a used car, but there was no excuse for treating me like that.

Have avoided them since totally. I know others have had good experiences with them, and that they sponsor the QCUSA chapter and all, but I cannot imagine what gains can be made from treating a customer badly. Bad for business.

On the other hand, many posters seem to have had nothing but good experiences at other dealers (like Rockville) - they're smaller and willing to deal.

I'm not advising you to avoid it, just take it as a word of caution.

adc
Old 12-08-1999, 11:59 AM
Yellow S4 in N. VA.-TRB

Default Big discounts

Try 100 miles away, Dover, Del. Volkswagan/Audi. They gave me a large discount ($2.5k+) on my S4. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Ask for Aaron (sales) or Stu (manager). (800)646-4761
Old 12-08-1999, 03:21 PM
John G

Default I've bought two Audi's from Heishman, I highly recommend them

Bought both cars from Mike Maurer, a real enthusiast and great to deal with. They also have a really good group working the service dept.

John G
00 S4
99 A6 Avant