S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Well....status update on the turbo issue...sent them back to Audspeed to be

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I didn't realize it until the bottom post. That's jacked up if it's supposed to be a new core.

Either way, those marks certainly look like FOD, whether from someone physically hitting the blades with bad handling, or from something in the intake. FOD can be anything, it just means that SOMETHING hit the blades. How else do you explain damage to the inner spars of a blade? If the tips curl from contacting the housing, that's one thing, but it's almost impossible to have damage to the inner parts of a blade without FOD.

I don't get how they can sell a CHRA that looks like that?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Exactly...I just assumed that it was done right...I thought that those marks were made

during the balancing to balance the wheel by removing material...I feel stupid and like I got screwed now....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yeah, they are getting sent to blouch for a second opinion...see what he says after that...because

blouch told me that they can tell if they failed because of improper balancing. Blouch said they don't even looked like they balanced them anyway.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

IIRC they balance them by removing material from the shaft nut.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You are correct. Blouch said it didn't look like they had done that....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did you go through Paypal?

If you did, I would file a formal complain through them if Audspeed doesn't come through. With pictures and a written report fro Blouch or BW, you stand a decent chance to getting some money back.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind if he doesn't want to do anything about the turbos
Old 10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: WHAT LOL. Are you fvcking kidding?

Beleive or not there is a lot of missing information in here.
1- Jared (2001s4loored) bought a set of K04/Rs4 CHRA from us brand new, not used or rebuilt.
2 - We DO NOT OFFER any k04-16, we never did, we just swap his OWN CW (K16) from his OWN old turbo to the new CHRA. The wheels were already damaged, We clipped and balanced and put all back toguether.
3 - Yes He did filed chargeback and he wants full money back, We offered him 1 BRAND NEW CHRA at my own even with a paperwork saying that the turbo was damaged by him or his engine, but he DO NOT want to deal it.
4 - The turbos were installed by him not by AUDI TECH or ASE Certified person.
5 - These turbos never went over 3 lbs of boost as he stated, so meaning his car has a HUGE boost leak somewhere.
I hope all this info can help and sorry for my english as my background are German and Portuguese.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So you just installed a used compressor wheel that s4floored sent you? Weird
Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wow....I have alot to say about that...he is an outright liar....more inside

I was supposed to receive a completely brand new rebuild, with new parts. Do you honestly think I would authorize him to use damaged wheels when I am paying all that money to have new parts put in? Honestly? I don't think anyone is dumb enough to believe that. Also, if that is the case, then why did you bill me $100 for new compressor wheels and tell me you were installing new wheels?

As for the chargeback: if you knew it was my fault they failed, then why would you offer a new CHRA for free? Smells like someone is afraid that it was THEIR fault it failed. Especially considering Blouch analyzed them and said they failed due to severely incorrect balancing done by Audspeed.

As for 3 PSI: You're right, they wouldn't make more than 3 PSI, because the COMPRESSOR WHEEL WAS HITTING THE HOUSING. The charge pressure line on these turbos is connected between the two, so if one won't make boost, the other turbo IS NOT GOING TO MAKE UP FOR IT. I pressure tested several times, no leak. Also, why would they fail in the first 30 seconds then, if I never gave it more than 10% throttle? Kind of hard to damage them from a boost leak if you don't even give it any throttle...

As for being an Audi tech...no I'm not. However, I've done a turbo swap before, and did a "by the book" job, no corners cut. I primed them several times. Honestly, I think he must have made up 5-10 different reasons why they failed before he settled upon "excessive engine torque on the drivers side bank"...yeah, right....I don't think anyone here is dumb enough to believe that you DIDN'T just make that up. There is no such thing.

Also, notice that his analyses of the turbo failure was performed by the guy who BUILT AND BALANCED them in the first place. My analyses was done by BLOUCH. Do you think his machinist is really going to say that it was Audspeed's fault, when it would cost him money since he balanced them wrong? And since they are partners in business? What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Well....status update on the turbo issue...sent them back to Audspeed to be