S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

What factors draw you to Audis, or more German cars in general?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What factors draw you to Audis, or more German cars in general?

I have noticed that most members on this board are pretty die-hard German car fans, and some of us only own Audis. What is it that you guys like about German cars so much?

To me, it is a difficult trade-off; I drive an S4, which is cursed with petty problems and is uber-expensive to take care of. However, the driving experience is uncomparable to any Japanese import or American car to me. I swear by German cars for this reason; their driving style.

Yet on the other hand, there are Japanese cars that are EXTREMELY reliable. My dad's car (a Lexus GS300) with slightly higher mileage than my S4 has never had a single problem to this date. It is incredible practical, user-friendly, and still drives very nicely.

So this brings me to the point of my thread: why do you guys love your Audis so much, and for those of you like me that swear by German cars: tell me why you feel that way.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With Audi, you get all the perks (and negatives too) of the German car, but when buying

used especially, you get alot of value too. The germans know what they are doing, they do it very well. Style, luxury, performance; the perfect package IMO. I'm just a kid, so I can't afford a used M3 or.... what, AMG? It's more BMW or Audi for me. Audi is also more low-key, and I like not demanding attention.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default they break down more often and parts are more expensive... thats hot.

huge turn on in my book.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Germans are noted for their engineering, in many fields. Jap cars are still not thrillable 4 me.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default and sheizer films...

along with a penchant for cased meat.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default one of the best interiors on the market and the german arm of audi is not bad

it's the American arm that sucks.

The new Mercs. M3 BMW, E39 M5 are also attractive vehicles, but the interiors don't compare and you don't get the all around package.

when I get older and lose a few more buttons on my shirts, I'll own a Z06 Vette.

But I think it's more of the offering, AWD, turbo, 6spd, HID lighting (way before anything else offered this combo)

Now audi is moving away from turbos and the enthusiast, so we will all be in some of the new American/Japanese or BMW offerings.

People can't push the jap vehicles aside so easily. the new Acura's are **** (but FWD only sucks), but the package is there.

The new Lexus with it's nice fender flares (IS350?) is not bad, the G35 was an attractive offering.

None really surpass the B5 for what I don't owe on it however

Just my rant and opinions

Tory
Old 07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Chics dig audis
Old 07-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

True story: Girl ran down the street after me yelling "I love your car!"
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yep lots of girls like these cars.. but dont go for them there only interested in money etc..
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default quattro. Designed for high speed (autobahn), which translates to

great stability. I'd have no problem buying something else in the future if it was better, but Audi will always get my first look.

Just give me AWD, 6 speed manual, and an a$$load of power and I'm happy. Fellas (and only lady on here I've ever seen), I love this car.

Quick Reply: What factors draw you to Audis, or more German cars in general?