S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Who has added the Infinity BassLink II to their car? Did you take out the

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has added the Infinity BassLink II to their car? Did you take out the

rear deck mid-bass speakers after adding the BassLink? Where did you mount it? Did you hard wire all the way up at the battery with an inline fuse block, or go to the fuse box?

Comments on the BassLink performance?

Tia-
Old 11-02-2006, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had one in my grand prix...sound was nice, if you want full bass sound it is good, but if you are

looking to shake the neighbors house...it's not happening...good quality sound though...mounted it up against the side of the trunk wall...definately hardwire it up to the battery, dont want to crap out on the wiring or you wont get as good of sound, cutting out...all that stuff...but good range on it also, deep bass...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:31 AM

Default if you go with a basslink you might want to port your trunk...

I used to have a 12" aluminum sub in my car with ~450 watts RMS. I would always be folding down the back seat, otherwise our trunks muflle the bass too much.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm seriously considering one. You don't need 'house-shaking' bass :-)
Old 11-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Thank you, not looking to turn my neighbors dogs heard side-ways. Did that many

years ago. I am looking for a cleaner, more efficient response, and I think this could do that.

Thank you much!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:47 AM

Default I was thinking that too. That is why I asked about the rear deck speaker removal.

I was going to take them out, and mount the BassLink to the deck so it would fire up ;-)
Old 11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There's no need to do that unless you did something to seal all the holes in the rear deck.

There are at least three large holes in the rear deck (not including the rear speaker holes) that will allow bass to come into the cabin. The rear deck itself introduces minimal resistance to sound because it's just a piece of hardboard.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you're planning to mount the basslink to the underside of the rear deck...

you're definitely going to need to look into some type of sound dampening material for the rear deck otherwise it's going to rattle like crazy.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 AM

I have about 5' of Dynomat ;-)
Old 11-02-2006, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Whatever you plan to mount it with, make sure you isolate the housing from the rear deck.

That could be a source of rattle too. Just use a rubber bushing or washer between the basslink and the mounting surface.

Use the Dynamat only where you really need it to conserve. Do not cover the holes in the rear deck. One trick to figure out where to apply it is after you install the basslink, play the system loud enough to create the rattle. Insert T-shirts or socks in select locations until you stop the rattle. Then you know exactly where it's coming from and where to apply the Dynamat. It sounds ghetto but it works.

I had a lot leftover so I ended up doing the whole surface of the rear deck and the underside of the rear deck trim panel. Now it only rattles when the system is really loud and playing test tones of about 40Hz. Can't really hear anything with musical material.

Quick Reply: Who has added the Infinity BassLink II to their car? Did you take out the