S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Why does every Honda on the road think I'm racing him? :-\

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does every Honda on the road think I'm racing him? :-\

So I'm on the 10 East on the way to my parents' home around the 10/101/5 interchange. The traffic is moving pretty slowly until two lanes suddenly open up. After that, there is no traffic at all so I decide to punch it in the fast lane with nobody around. Anyway, a Civic that I had been following before this took offense and proceeded to race me (I was just driving "spiritedly" around 85-90mph). This idiot started going about 100-110mph until turns and then braking hard to compensate. He almost lost control of his car 3-4 times in the process. I was so scared that he would crash into me or another driver... I honestly could have cared less what happenened to him. So, we finally hit the 5 interchange and he can't take the turn quickly, so I decide to pass at a reasonable speed in the right lane. Because he couldn't go any faster (due to weak handling of a bone stock Civic), he decided to cut me off and flash his freaking hazards! I couldn't believe it! He almost crashed 3-4 times and he celebrates! In my teenage days, when I was extremely stupid and raced everyone on the road, I still would feel dumb and embarrassed if I almost lost control of my car.

I'm sorta in-between the age of being dumb enough to race in traffic and being able to walk away from a challenge. I know the mature thing to do would be just walk away, but these kids really annoy the $hit out of me. When I hear about kids dying because they were racing in traffic, it's hard to feel any sympathy for them -- because of them, innocent lives are being put at risk and innocent people get killed. Well, guess I still gotta grow up a bit...
Old 05-01-2002, 07:35 PM

You mean you're not?
Old 05-01-2002, 07:36 PM

Default I wouldn't mind someone trying to race me sometime. I never get anything good.

I'm not into street racing but I'd like to put a frown on one of those honda dudes once in awhile. There are so many around here all slammed and with goofy looking mods.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It eventually gets old.....

Sometimes I will blow an *** hole ricers doors off just to destroy his ego, but most of the time I will just ignore them.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The down side to living in LA.

I had the "indentical" thing happen today, and to be honest, I see it EVERY time I go down into the city.

The up side to living in LA is being able to drive fast
Old 05-01-2002, 07:58 PM

Default Racing's fine but not weaving in and out of traffic...

I will gladly race people on open highways and back roads late at night when no one's around, but never weaving in and out of traffic. This idiot would change lanes frantically without using his turn signals. I guess he only uses them when he flashes his hazards after a "win." :-O
Old 05-01-2002, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude! <low-iq drawl> it's drifting!!! LIke, new skool bra! <cross eye'd inbreeder grin>
Old 05-01-2002, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's LA be glad he wasn't shooting at you. :) My a-hole moment on the road today...

was trying to merge over to an exit lane. All other lanes are bumper to bumper. Some jerk off decides to gun it down the exit lane in his white buick just as I'm moving into the lane. Not wanting to get hit I pulled back into my lane. The guy slows down and gives me a stare down with his homie riding shot gun as they drive slower by me. When they pass I move over to the lane and gun it to exit the free way. He decides to leap frog everyone from the exit lane and is then sitting in traffic. I return the favor and give him the stare down as I drive by. I may not have had the corn rows like he and his buddy, but he got the return stare.

Amazing how many morons and *******s there are out there. I can live with being one of the *******s from time to time, but I like to think I never do anything to blatently jeopardize the lives of others in traffic.

Sorry to hear you had to deal with the moron in the civic, but know you're not alone.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:07 PM

Default THAT would have been refreshing...

But this was in the Monterey Park area... more like, "yO fOo! tHIs hONda pOweR fO yo ***!"
Old 05-01-2002, 08:09 PM

Default LMAO! Picturing your face with the mad-dogg stare, bumping some 90s gangsta rap is too funny... :)

Reminds me of "Office Space." Hehe - Michael Bolton.

Quick Reply: Why does every Honda on the road think I'm racing him? :-\