S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

And this is why I hate taking my S4 to the local (Tri-County) mall ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And this is why I hate taking my S4 to the local (Tri-County) mall ....

Local traffic is 4 lanes in each direction with the mindless masses just looking for an accident to happen. Normally I take back ways in and out just to avoid the idiots. Well, this time I was just making a quick run to pick up a new printer at a give away price. Feeling really pleased with the deal I got, I forgot to duck out a back way on the return trip and found myself stuck in a middle lane stopped for a red light.

Looking in the mirror, I see this ford suv barreling down on me and then wait to brake hard at the last second. She comes to a stop and I'm thinking "what an a$$hole, I hate when people drive like that". Next thing I know, I hear a soft metallic bang followed by another bang a split second later. I Look in the mirror, and see suv girl behind me with this shocked/surprised "oh my god" look. Her suv is rocking from the impact from a jeep behind her, which in turn looked like it was tapped by a third suv. I'm guessing the idiots must have all be tail gating each other. Well luckily, no one appeared hurt and my car escaped untouched. But the whole way back home I swore to myself to keep to the back ways next time.

It's a dangerous world out there for people who care about their cars!!
Old 11-10-2002, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default good for you....i had a similar experience last sunday

only the idiot hit me >=( (2002 accord coupe, in broad daylight!!!)
Old 11-10-2002, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default <g> In the snow I drive with my eyes glued to the the rear view mirror.

I change lanes according to the car I want to be in front.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:09 PM

Default I had a similar experience on the Vine St xprsway (676) in Philly about 6 months ago...

I was going from Jersey to the Surekill late on a Friday afternoon. Traffic was suddenly at a dead stop. Saw this Oldsmobile barrelling down on me in the rearview...started tapping my brakelights repeatedly to grab their attention....I gripped the wheel, clenched my teeth and took one last look before closing my eyes....to see the driver slamming on the brakes and stopping just in time. I really thought I was gonna get creamed.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:10 PM

Sorry to hear that .... there's a lot of people out there shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car...
Old 11-10-2002, 07:24 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Cincinnati suburbs by any chance?

BTW, the last time I heard the same thing you just described, my S did not escape unscathed. Same story, but the SUV behind me got pushed into my back bumper. That was the very last day I've used my car as a daily driver. Now I drive it on weekends, and I will NOT take it to the mall/shopping centers. :-( Sux!
Old 11-10-2002, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yep...and get this....

the guy was lit like a ****....

i decided that i'm seeking damages. i thought i'd be nice...but my neck's still sore, and i'm having a hell of a time trying to sleep (avg about 4-5hrs of sleep per day!!! WTF?!)

i planned to do bodywork early next year...but looks like my car will be kitted by the end of the month =)
Old 11-10-2002, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Cincinnati suburbs by any chance?

Yes, north of Cincinnati.

Noticed you're in eastern Pa. What part? I used to live in the Reading area.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The Tri-County Mall area is a known stomping ground

for bad drivers. Had many of close calls when I lived in the Queen city.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:07 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Philly (Lower Buck's County).

I have family out in Westchester, so I've been to Tri-County Mall many times!

Quick Reply: And this is why I hate taking my S4 to the local (Tri-County) mall ....