S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Why I may never buy another Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It all depends on the dealer, I have heard horrible stories

with all brands, BMW, Acura, Audi, GM. Try a different dealer, sometimes that can make all the difference in your expierience. just my 2 cents
Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I thought Don Rosen was supposed to be one of the better dealers...

My trips are to Audi of Huntingdon Valley... They have been good so far.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had the exact opposite experience with BMW. IMHO, they gave the worst service I've ever...

experienced with a car dealer/manufacturer. I even worked with 2 different dealers and the regional service manager, and they just didn't care.

It was so bad, that I'll NEVER buy another BMW.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM

Default I actually got better service from the Capistrano VW dealer when I had a Passat than

any Audi dealer. Free rentals and no BS.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Much of it may be centered in cities where there is only one dealer.

No competition there, so any complaints get ignored. They know that 99% of people under warranty will still come back rather than pay an independent, and they know that 80% of people dump the cars after a few years and buy a new one, so they don't have to worry about cars out of warranty.

I agree that the problem seems to originate at the top with AoA, but some of the other issues are dealer-specific in smaller cities. Our local dealer in KC sucks, but I was usually able to get reasonable service in the DC area, where there were 6 dealers from which to choose.

All in all, it has convinced me to not buy another Audi under warranty. It's not worth the price premium for service that's only going to raise my blood pressure.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would not go back to a dealer that returned Yanni CDs - they know who writes the checks.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:48 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I've had exactly the opposite experience...

My old Acura dealer tried to make me happy, but invariably they would do something that would cause me to return and have a discussion with them. I'd give them an A for effort (service writer), but a D for execution (techs).

My Audi dealer...I've had two issues with them in the last 4 years. One was dealt with without discussion or hesitation. The other I brought to their attention, but ultimately decided to deal with it myself (they did offer to make things right w/o discussion). They've also replaced things under warranty that were probably borderline. Overall I would give them an A for effort, and a A- for execution.

When it comes time for the next car though...I'm not so sure I can afford an Audi. When I look at the service history of an Acura, a Honda, and two Audi's, the Audi's are a PITA. My S4 has been pretty reliable, but things that shouldn't need attention on a Honda, do need attention (with alarming frequency) on the Audi. Not only does that drain money out of my wallet, it takes time out of my day when I have to drag the car back in for these service items. If I do opt for another Audi, it will be a CPO car. I'll amass a list of 3 or 4 items, schedule an appt, and pay my $50 deductible and let Audi fix all the **** that shouldn't have broken.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 AM

I am pretty sure there are Horror stories from every Dealership
Old 03-24-2005, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Link?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:53 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default In my experience, DR is not one of the better dealers.

It's mostly the way the service advisors run the show that I had an issue with. The techs were fine...with the exception that they seemed to consistently over fill the oil.

Quick Reply: Why I may never buy another Audi.