S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Working on a Theft car need some help on a procedure

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working on a Theft car need some help on a procedure

Hey, havent' been on here for a while and was under a different user name before anyway.

I've got a customer here in NJ who recently purchased an S4 from someone in Texa that had the AWE RSK04 kit installed. His cousin, already a customer of mine, told him to get in touch with me to inspect the car when it showed up here since I used to work for AWE Tuning when the kit was developed (I'm chris with the red hair that was the tech if anyone remembers and is still around). So I checked it all fixed some problems with the install and he was on his way.

Just wanted to clear that up since I know these are pretty commonly stolen in our area (NJ), didnt' want anyone to feel like they were helping the enemy.

So back to the point I get a call two weeks after he gets the car back and someone had attempted to steal it. They didnt' succeed but damaged the ignition to the point where it can't be started. And the door was damaged like usual. He just got the parts in from the dealer and I offered to change the parts at his house for him since the car cant' be moved without being towed. He mentioned that he had seen online someone do a write up on what was needed and how to do it but I was not able to locate one searching. I need to gather my tools at my shop and go to him so I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction to the thread or if it was on another website where I could look.

Thank you in advance for any help. I have already given him some suggestions on how to prevent them getting the car in the future..not that it would prevent them from doing what damage they did this time yet again...

chris
www.pdperformance.com
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is this the nogaro blue s4 from texas? Bought from Ryan Schimmy? How is that car doing? Are you

looking for the write-up on how to change the ignition (i'm assuming)?
Old 01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

if it is, that car was beat to **** last time i heard about it.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:49 AM

Default not sure who he bought it from but it is Nogaro and I am

looking for the write-up on how to change the ignition. He just got a new key and ignition from the dealer didn't bother to wait for the matching one so he can drive it again and sell his old car.

I think it may have had your downpipes on it I forget what the current owner said it had and I didnt' look very hard.

Its not the complete AWE kit, doesnt' have the manifolds, if that rings a bell.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Yeah it was rough when it came off the transporter

Was barely running, throttle body boot was almost ripped completely in half.. one of the worst I had seen. It had a fairly old version of the RSKO4 software but did have the hitachi upgrade.. the connecter conversion was pretty bad so I had to redo that along with a bunch of other updates for the kit.

Has a slight misfire that that I'm chasing down still but it had gotten broken into like 2 days after I had last looked at it. so its really hasn't been driven to see if the last work fixed it.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you should call the dealership down here and find out what they

were working on last with it. that's where he had some of the work done. i know the ko4's were done by them. 512.219.3150 is the audi dealership in austin.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:36 AM

Default I"ll le the owner know and see how it is after I get the ignition replaced

The story the owner had gotten was it was traded on at a chevy dealer and one of the techs had purchased it with the kit. He had then pulled it and redid some stuff. drove it for a bit and then sold it..

so maybe its not the same car.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That sounds like the same car because the owner he's speaking of has a Z06 now.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Are you guys stalkers or something...

I knew he bought a Z06 just was not about to start laying out all the details of exactly what car it was.. I find it quite amusing that everyone knows exactly what car I was talking about simply by saying S4 bought from Texas with an AWE kit.. when it was traded in at a chevy dealer and then shipped to NJ..

The owner mentioned the tech article.. under tech of all places (gee what a big surprise guess I should look at audiworld more often).. with the info on changing the electric part of the switch. So if there is more info on changing the mechanical part any help would be great. If not no big deal I have done tons of them before on VWs.. I'll be able to figure it out. Just have to take one trip to strip it down and hope the tools that work on a VW work on this.

Thanks alot for all your help... and quit stalking peoples cars
Old 01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

just trying to help