S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Wow! This forum is no longer a forum. (DEF. of ) forum: A public meeting place for OPEN discussion.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-1999, 04:51 PM
Lawyers for freedom of speech (ramblng)

Default Wow! This forum is no longer a forum. (DEF. of ) forum: A public meeting place for OPEN discussion.

Don't cry bandwith when you have an A3 forum a car not even sold in the United States, a Misc. Model Forum, an OffTopic Forum and a Feedback forum. Why not let people speak their mind? If you don't like waht they have to say ignore them, they will go away.
Freedom of Speech, is the only Freedom, that is left in this country. If we accept censorship from each other, the government won't hesitate to jump right on the censorship bandwagon. You may be the one with the unpopular opinion next.
Contrary to your belief this is a public forum. Maybe the most public one yet created.

Definition taken from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992, 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:08 PM
donp

As a participant in this forum for many years, I'm quite happy with mgmt and their actions.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:14 PM
del

Default If you want we can create a S4.Bitch.Bitch.Bitch forum and an M3.S4.Whine.Whine.Whine forum

This M3, flame bait crud is useless and just servers to lower the overall level of discussion.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:17 PM
mpm

Default You make a good point, but if this place turns into a mud slinging slug fest...

I got better things to do with my time...like drive my totally unworthy of its "S" designation, S4 8^J
Old 11-10-1999, 05:27 PM
Lawyers for freedom of speech

Default I enjoy your website (wish there were more frequent updates) as well as this one. I have been...

visiting A4.org nearly everyday for almost a year. I however, have a significant problem with censorship. I can understand profanity when children may be listening, but when some one has an opinion valid or otherwise that is attacked, and censored from the view of others simply because those with power disagree, we embark on a road that is not free but lined with thought police.
Americans once coveted their freedom with their lives, now they legislate it away in the name of personal safety. Everything that is allowed to be eroded will eventually disappear.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:30 PM
Lawyers for freedom of speech

And Iguess your response raises the level of discussion. Again just dont respond if you dont approve
Old 11-10-1999, 05:33 PM
Jason H

Default Um, do you at all under stand owners rights...

Do you think that this site just springs to life out of the combined wills of A4 enthusiasts?
That it is some kind of perfect altruistic place? Actually sir, it is owned and maintained by
SOMEBODY, that is, an individual who pays the ISP to host this site and who produces all of
the content found here. They have EVERY right of editorial power. IT BELONGS TO THEM,
and we are priviledged that they take the time and effort to make this site as great as it is.

If this thought makes you uncomfortble, then you are absolutely free to (attempt) to do
a better job with a website of your own! I have to say that the administrators of this site
are more lenient than I would be, and only remove posts when the decend into the most
patheticly abusive state.

In summation, this isn't the only A4 forum because they have a trademark on it, but only
because no one has even bothered to try. It's their house on the web, and they have
every right to ask you to be polite or to leave.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:35 PM
donp

More frequent updates now that I'm sporting a new S4. Hmm drive or update site... drive or...
Old 11-10-1999, 05:39 PM
LFFS

Exactly that is why I said it is no longer a forum a backyard maybe but not a forum.
Old 11-10-1999, 05:40 PM
RBOB

Default Reminder

Review the A4.ORG Forums "TIPS FOR OUR READERS" and focus on No. 13 please. Thanx.

Quick Reply: Wow! This forum is no longer a forum. (DEF. of ) forum: A public meeting place for OPEN discussion.