S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

X-1 Intake size and shape.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Now there is your point (edited)

And again...I disagree. Soley because of your Black and White position.

My point is that you can, if you wish, have both. The Bling and the Bang.

Dude, just take a look in your own pic poster. Did ASP have to powder coat the valve covers?? Come on...most people want their **** to look good.

That's my camp. I don't care if anyone else likes what's under my hood..but when I open it it had better make me smile as much as dropping second and third on the douche in the lead sled. No reason for it to be either or. It can be both. And I would bet that a good portion of the forum pitches their tent in both of our camps...so let's agree to disagree.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's also easier to access engine for certain needed work.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think I am on the same page with LI-S4 here. The problem comes from you saying...

"and maybe even make a few bucks off of it". I don't think it's fair that you get handed data for free that took probably years of R&D and then turn around and make a few bucks off of something you make based on that data without consulting the original owner first. It may not be illegal since it's not patented, but it's professional courtesy. Like LI-S4, no disrespect for what you are trying to do but something that is going to be done with profit making as a goal should be done the proper way.

We all start out somewhere, maybe if you can find the time to measure all the dimensions necessary, you'll come up with something even bigger and better than the X-1. Then all that effort will pay off for you.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I guess you never wax your S4? Do you wash it? Is your engine compartment a mess? j/w
Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sure I wash my car...I havn't for a while since i'm up at school and don't have the time, or hoses

or water or driveway to do so. Just a ****ty college house with parking on the city streets of rochester. Crossing my fingers my car will always be there when I get up for class. I do care about the appearence of my car... on the outside and interior....i'm just not going to be **** about it because that sorta outlook will drive you crazy in the northeast.

I could care less how my engine bay looks...no it's not dirty it looks 100% stock cause it pretty much is. All I have are 710n's and a giac chip. I have mucho other lightweight mods though which is why I can run 4.6's on my little k03's :-) ...without sacrificing the luxuries.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I understand what you're saying... I just think dressing up the engine is silly when you can instead

spend the money to push her harder! And yea, that ASP engine was bling in person, no doubt about that...but it was a engine on display, out of the car, to wow the crowds with it's dress up stuff and awesome turbo set up.

I guess the difference is that engine is outside on a stand and mines crammed into a tiny engine bay.

And yes, I can agree to disagree with you. We simply have different preferences and I understand how you can want some bling to crack a smile on your face when you pop the hood. I just can't justify spending any extra money on that gratification.

So for me, when i'm buying an intake...it's solely for performance and nothing else.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Understood... I have and enjoy both, equally...Stage III juice and some bling
Old 11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting....

Don't misinterpret this at all...

If had no other mods I would agree with you. It would be all about the power. Been there done that. I have a mod list as long as...

The power is there...stage III.

The suspension, STaSIS. Brakes, Stoptech. Exhaust, full custom. The list is long.

So it is understandable that we would feel different about this. When I was stock we would be able to agree.

Now saying "i'm just not going to be **** about it because that sorta outlook will drive you crazy in the northeast." is just nuts. I live in NY. My car is dead immaculate..all year. The engine bay is spotless out of respect for the guys who wrench with/for me.

It's all about your priorities.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You remember being in college right? Rochester weather and winters = bad...why wash when it'll

just rain the next day and then snow four days later? I've lived in NY since the day I was born but Westchester (20 minutes north of NYC in the burbs) vs. living in the city of Rochester (waaaay upstate NY) is black and white.

Now during the summer when i'm home with a garage, awesome tools and weather the modding begins and the car is washed religously. It's different during the year though....free time isn't easy to come by for me, especially in the last few months juggling with health issues and classes.

The summer though my car loves me :-)

I'd hate for you guys to think my cars covered in dirt year round cause it's not like that. Oh man I hate you...now I'm wishing it was summer again...

Oh and I don't consider my car stock. I've got my lightweight rims, battery, CF trim (no I didn't pay 1000+ for it hahaha...try 300), avic-n1 nav/radio unit, ASP exhaust, giac x, Status (is that acceptable bling? I got both seats and hardware for more than 50% off the retail from Josh), toyguy ss, i'm leaving tons of stuff out cause I don't have my mod list on this comp and i'm home for thankgiving break. You'd be surprised to hear I've had your own V1 display in my car for months before I sold it for the new version EFU... I have 11secS4's OEM 10lb hood waiting to be painted and thrown on...the more I think the more i'll list so i'll just stop now!

Funny thing is i'm still under warranty until next summer...last summer I had a dealership perform the best mod... they dumped my oil and ordered me a brand new shortblock...so hey new engine too! hehe
Old 11-23-2006, 06:58 AM

Yeah

Quick Reply: X-1 Intake size and shape.