S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Young Drivers w/S4's our other

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-1999, 05:07 PM
BillD

Default Young Drivers w/S4's our other

The only reason to get mad at a kid drving an S4 is pure jealousy....nothing more...I find myself acting the same way and I have to slap myself because I have NO EXCUSE...

There are 16 year old kids driving new Ferraris...but that is no reason to be angry...We can grow up to be decent people....my first car was a Lotus Turbo Esprit SE...I was 16...I got some serious **** for that...but it was definitely worth it.

All petty criticisms and accusations add up to the fact that you wish you were just 17 and driving and S4. So do I...So do I...

Jeff...drive the S4 to all hell...enjoy it...because when your older you'll be criticizing young kids for driving nice cars and you will no longer have the will to drive your car how it is meant to be driven....remember that it is possible to be both cautious and bold...You can drive fast without driving stupid...I trust that your driving school experience has helped, but experience is the only thing that really counts....If you can, you should try to get as much track experience as possible....
Old 10-18-1999, 05:33 PM
Kean

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-1999, 06:10 PM
JG

Default I agree also, but if you get jealous easy....

you don't want to know the family that lives in my neck of the woods.. get this

3 brothers

1 brother- 97 Toyota Landcruiser, 99 Integra GS-R (lots of $ in performance), 99 F355 Spyder
2 brother-98 BMW M3 4-door (Turbo added, wheels, etc), 99 LR Discovery
3 brother-99 MB SLK Sport 5Speed, 98 Integra Type-R (Crazy work done to it), 97 Land Rover
Defender 90 (yellow), Silver S2000.

They share a 99 Bentley Arnage (black/tan), awesome car.

no matter what cars i got, my friends got- nobody can keep up with these guys- its just unbelievable. Ages 21-27.

Parents- Don't live in the country.
Old 10-18-1999, 06:18 PM
30 year old Hag

Default Wahh!

Hi Bill D --

This is a touchy subject for those of us who are
working hard and saving to buy this car.

I'm sure most of us aren't mad at the teens who get one -- perhaps we just disagree with their parents who will foot the bill. There are other ways to teach your child the value of a buck.

Have fun and be safe. Since your parents were nice enough to buy you one, I'm sure you'll show your appreciation by NOT getting a ticket (and making them suffer the higher insurance bill.)

-Hag
Old 10-18-1999, 06:34 PM
Glass Houses

Default Teens rule, working stiffs drool!

you tell 'em Bill. all these folks who work all day at their pointless jobs are suckers!

now that I'm 17 dad said he'd buy me any car i want, so I'll be riding in style. I bet the S4 does great donuts in the mall parking lot--maybe i'll tell daddy to buy me one and find out. hell, maybe I'll get two! whatever. it's all good.
Old 10-18-1999, 06:50 PM
Mike Y.

Default What's keeping you people from saying that women and minorities shouldn't own S4s! (more)

WE ALL need to keep this message board free of age, race and sex discrimination. Save your hostilities for M3 owners!!!

Mike Y.
'00 S4
Old 10-18-1999, 08:17 PM
Rolling my eyes

Default OK, I can't stand it anymore, have to say something....

Would you bleeding hearts give me a brake? Apparently none of you have ever had to work hard for anything. People have every right to be resentful at some 17 y/o spoiled kid who is handed an S4! I couldn't say no if I were a kid either, but I would certainly keep to myself. And you really must be kidding me saying that ANY 17 y/o should be driving a car like this. This is exactly why our insurance rates are so high. You wonderfully nice supporters of the children need to look at some statistics. I'm glad the guy who originally griped about this (was it Jeff?) had the ***** to say something!
Old 10-18-1999, 09:26 PM
7an

"Whoever had qualities to alarm our jealousy, had excellence to deserve our fondness." -Rambler
Old 10-19-1999, 01:13 AM
Brian

Re: STOP argue of this crab how do you know they are teen or maybe they win lottery
Old 10-19-1999, 01:31 AM
janet 17y/o NSX drive fast but no accident so far

insurance high not only teen get accident SOME adult always drink n drive cause accident too

Quick Reply: Young Drivers w/S4's our other