S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Yummie, Navi Plus with DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Yummie, Navi Plus with DVD

Not associated obviously, but this would be one helluva an upgrade...I wonder if an A8 DVD navi disc would work?

Here is the babelfish text translation:
Description The salesman is responsible for the offer.
Here can do you on the newest of newest offering new AUDI the Navi plus RNS e that is a DVD navigation equipment the new navigation system plus leads you with only one DVD reliably and fast through completely Europe. Over a 6,5-Zoll-Bildschirm the system offers numerous representation options. It has dynamic goal guidance, various navigation and Infotainment functions as well as a particularly intuitive control concept. Equipment extent highly soluble 6,5-Zoll-TFT-Display, driver information system, radio, single DVD drive assembly, integrated memory card reader (MMC, SD), global Positioning system (government inspection department) and current Navigations DVD for Europe. Control concept and function range fast, comfortable and easy operation of the navigation system are a condition for safe and relaxed driving. Therefore the new navigation system has plus a particularly intuitive control concept. It orients itself in logic and function at the multi Media interface (MMI). The controlling of the system is made by the MMI typical control panel right beside the screen. It covers four control keys and a central control button. Eight function keys under the display make direct access possible to main functions. The navigation system plus makes the among other things following functions to you available: 6,5-Zoll-TFT-Display, electromechanically away-hinged 3D-Kartendarstellungen and Split screen function goal input over map with cursor, coordinate announcement or Pop UP Infofenster route announcement in perspective map display announcement of up to three routes in the single goal mode simplified detail opinion of the current driving maneuver (crossing map) representation of the next three driving maneuvers of special goals selectable (hotel, restaurants, stations, parking lots, theatre etc..) intuitive MMI Bedienlogik dynamic goal guidance with RDS and Traffic Message Channel radio plant with two FM fM-Tunern DVD drive assembly (for Navigations DVD, audio CDs and MP3-CDs) MP3-Wiedergabe over integrated memory card readers (two map-guide for MMC or SD maps) TV- and videotex receipt (optional) CD change-over switch for audio CDs with BOSE sound system (optional) copiright:http://www.audi.com/de/de/neuwagen/technologie/elektronik_ausstattungen/weitere_modellreihen/info/navigation/navigationssystemplusdvd.jsp sales under exclusion of each guarantee - private sales! Who offers explains itself in agreement with it! ebay dispatch goes to the Hoestbietenden to me. With fun bietern I understand no more fun and my lawyer more also not much fun with offer. HP in my other auctions finds still beautiful things for your AUDI etc. to her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP. The Navi is for the A4 it has the same size as the normal Navi plus. It becomes however over CAN BUS gesteuert.Den suitable CD change-over switches has I also in my other auction. The parts of NR. For the Navi 8E0 035,192 C Natuerlich is a west Europe DVD and the operating instructions with Orginaler code map. Fals questions arising should whether the Navi also DVD of films play tutu it unfortunately not yet over it can it you in addition, with AUDI informing. It plays however normal ones audio and MP3's in the DVD drive assembly off there functioned only the Navi DVD.<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2465377230&amp;cat egory=21646&amp;sspagename=rvi:1:1">http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2465377230&amp;cat egory=21646&amp;sspagename=rvi:1:1</a</li></ul>
Old 03-18-2004, 07:14 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default More than just Nav Plus.

That's the new MMI head unit out Euro Cabrio. Very nice indeed.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-post. Discussed this some yesterday/today for a B6 install fyi...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/73475.phtml">B6S4 Nav+2.0/MMI Discussion</a></li></ul>
Old 03-18-2004, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Think the big gamble though is whether the US cars will

have CAN modules that can interact with it ala Touareg/A8L styles. The CAN structure in the current B6 cars does not allow this.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:19 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Yup I'll wait and see if it becomes an option on the '05+ models as I think it will be.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2005 is still rumored from decent sources to have the nav+
Old 03-19-2004, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hope so. The only Audi word so far is that the A6 has MMI, with A3/A4 availability in a year.

If it comes with the A3 then its late 2005. Whats on the B6S4 Cab order sheets? That would probably be a good indicator.