S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

19J1 Recall Broke My Climate Control?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19J1 Recall Broke My Climate Control?

HELP! My climate control mysteriously stopped cooling when I turned on my car tonight. Normally I have it set at 76 degrees....if it is really hot I turn it down to 72 and it gets cold really fast. Actually the car has always had almost instantaneous cooling.

Now 76 degree is lukewarm. Turned it all the way down to LO and it is still warm. Even when it is 58 degrees outside (tonight).

I went in for the 19J1 TSB "recall"/update Monday and on the service sheet there is a "Thermostat" indicated. Does anyone know what this pertains too? Did they replace the thermostat with a faulty one? (I don't think so because it was working fine until now)

- Engine is warmed up fully
- Drove for 20 miles didn't fix
- Turned car on and off multiple times
- Car is fully fueled
- Rear climate controls turned to LO also lukewarm

I drove to Chicago today (from Cleveland) so I can't take it to my local dealer. Would another Audi dealer service shop be willing to look at it?

Thanks in advance guys
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

While it probably won't help, just for grins, try rebooting the MMI. Press Menu button+center control ****+upper right function button at the same time.
And yes, your Audi warranty is good at any Audi dealer.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blow352
HELP! My climate control mysteriously stopped cooling when I turned on my car tonight. Normally I have it set at 76 degrees....if it is really hot I turn it down to 72 and it gets cold really fast. Actually the car has always had almost instantaneous cooling.

Now 76 degree is lukewarm. Turned it all the way down to LO and it is still warm. Even when it is 58 degrees outside (tonight).

I went in for the 19J1 TSB "recall"/update Monday and on the service sheet there is a "Thermostat" indicated. Does anyone know what this pertains too? Did they replace the thermostat with a faulty one? (I don't think so because it was working fine until now)

- Engine is warmed up fully
- Drove for 20 miles didn't fix
- Turned car on and off multiple times
- Car is fully fueled
- Rear climate controls turned to LO also lukewarm

I drove to Chicago today (from Cleveland) so I can't take it to my local dealer. Would another Audi dealer service shop be willing to look at it?

Thanks in advance guys
The thermostat they replaced is for engine coolant and should not affect the air conditioning system in the least. It's probably just coincidence, or you have a refrigerant leak, or a sensor went bad. It would be very easy for an audi tech to determine.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Brought my 2013 S6 in because the air conditioning stopped blowing cold air too. It took two days for my dealer to find the issue. It was a bad Pressure Switch, part # 4H0-959-126-A, and the Pressure Switch Seal, part # 7H0-820-896. This fixed the A/C, blows really cold again!

While they had the car they performed the 19J1 (thermostat for engine cooling system, not a/c) and 48K8 (not sure that this is)updates.

Now my passenger side window doesn't fold, the lighting in the passenger side front door doesn't work, and the driver's side mirror has a mind of it's own and folds open/closed when it feels like it! S6 is back at the dealer.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffdehr
..While they had the car they performed the 19J1 (thermostat for engine cooling system, not a/c) and 48K8 (not sure that this is)updates.
The 48K8 is the electric steering software revision. Lots of discussion about this.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brought my 2013 S6 in because the air conditioning stopped blowing cold air too. It took two days for my dealer to find the issue. It was a bad Pressure Switch, part # 4H0-959-126-A, and the Pressure Switch Seal, part # 7H0-820-896. This fixed the A/C, blows really cold again!
Sorry, I didn't have the time to update this thread over the weekend. Jeff you are absolutely right. I brought my car in to the dealer the next morning. They scanned the car and it popped up the TSB about the AC pressure switch. They switched it out and everything was back to normal and blowing cold air again! In and out including the free car wash in 30 min!...I'm not sure why yours took so long?
Old 10-06-2013, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C

My a/ c quit blowing cold air today. I shut it off and it eventually started blowing cold again. On my hour drive it quit at various times. I'll have to take it in for service. This will be my first problem. On Friday, my MMI re-booted on its own. I don't know if that's related.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We took our S6 in for a regular service interval back in September. A week later the AC stopped working. This is a real pain in the a$$ for us as we are 2.5 hours away from the nearest Audi dealer ( and we live in 95+ heat in Texas ). Turned out to be a bad pressure switch.

Is there a trend here?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dabears42
We took our S6 in for a regular service interval back in September. A week later the AC stopped working. This is a real pain in the a$$ for us as we are 2.5 hours away from the nearest Audi dealer ( and we live in 95+ heat in Texas ). Turned out to be a bad pressure switch.

Is there a trend here?
I'm in Florida, so I feel your pain. I'm calling the dealership today .
Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

:
I had my A/C repaired today, and I needed these parts. Luckily, the weather was cooler this morning for my 60 minute drive to the dealership.