S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2013 S6 Cat Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S6 Cat Back Exhaust

Guys… I’ve been some time removed from AudiWorld forums but was an avid poster a few years back and am now going on my 5th Audi after having a couple of S4s in my mix.

Now going to a 2013 S6 and looking for recommendations on a cat back exhaust. I noticed Borla has not yet engineered a solution.

Of course I’m looking for a few extra horses out of a cat back system but also looking for a respectable and throaty V8 report, but nothing close to obnoxious decibel wise (definitely don’t want obnoxiously loud… this car is also for driving my family around). My Borla on my S4s was perfect in this respect.

I know I can search previous threads and will later but thought I’d check to see what recommendations might come about here by asking today.

Thank you!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not much released yet. Milltek has one but videos are few and only exterior (as far as I've found).

There are some questions about the active noise cancellation and it's effect with aftermarket exhausts. Plus, does the exhaust note still change with dynamic and comfort settings? No one seems to know. Or at least I haven't seen answers to these questions.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mik34
Not much released yet. Milltek has one but videos are few and only exterior (as far as I've found).

There are some questions about the active noise cancellation and it's effect with aftermarket exhausts. Plus, does the exhaust note still change with dynamic and comfort settings? No one seems to know. Or at least I haven't seen answers to these questions.
Thanks. I couldn't really find anything online except for the Milltek as well... saw a YouTube video that was attempting to present the sound. Interesting as to what you say about active noise cancellation. I have not even read up on this feature and don't take actual possesion of the car for another few weeks. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm awaiting an exhaust system that addresses the OEM flap/ solenoid for sport and comfort (loud/quiet), interaction with ANC, as well as any possible droning in 4 cylinder mode.

I know there are some exhausts for the F10 M5 with OEM compatible flap.. Hopefully the S6 market is large enough to warrant similar developments.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
I'm awaiting an exhaust system that addresses the OEM flap/ solenoid for sport and comfort (loud/quiet), interaction with ANC, as well as any possible droning in 4 cylinder mode.

I know there are some exhausts for the F10 M5 with OEM compatible flap.. Hopefully the S6 market is large enough to warrant similar developments.
Borla in Oxnard CA is a stones throw from me... I called them yesterday (they outfitted my silver S4 years ago with a cat back for free so in trade, they could use the photos for marketing) and they said they have no current plans to engineer a system for the C7 S6. The guy I talked to said they may eventually, but as far he knows they haven't even discussed it yet. Wonder if the active noise cancellation is an obstacle for developers.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a borla system on my E30 M3 years back and it was by far my favorite exhaust note ever. I would love to see a system for the S6!

Anyway, here are some current offerings:

Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
I had a borla system years back... and it was by far my favorite exhaust note ever.
I completely agree! My bi-turbo S4 sounded amazaing!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone seen a system for the S6 (or any Audi for that matter) that works with an on/off button like the OEM Porsche sport exhaust? I have clients in my car a lot and it would be nice to buy a system that allows me to turn it on/off at will...

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B8S410
Has anyone seen a system for the S6 (or any Audi for that matter) that works with an on/off button like the OEM Porsche sport exhaust? I have clients in my car a lot and it would be nice to buy a system that allows me to turn it on/off at will...

Anyone have any experience with this?
Capristo had one for the S5. I didn't buy it as I didn't like the sound (or the price). Haven't seen anything like that for the S6. It's certainly doable via flaps, but it's a matter of the tuners putting R&D money into a small volume car.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

has anyone considered resonator delete, straight pipe?

Quick Reply: 2013 S6 Cat Back Exhaust