S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2014 S6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 S6?

When do you guys think we will be able to order a 2014 S6. I was actually thinking of going to put my deposit down today but shouldn't the 2014's be available this summer right about the time when i would be taking delivery of one that i order now?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not till after Summer.

Curious, why do you think the folks on AW will know more than your local Audi dealership?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
Not till after Summer.

Curious, why do you think the folks on AW will know more than your local Audi dealership?
The power of the internet... You answered my question in a few minutes, without me having to drive to the dealership.

If anyone else would like to chime about 2014's please do.

Thanks all
Old 02-02-2013, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bilfat
The power of the internet...
Reminds me of this commercial about believing everything you see/hear on the internet.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I dropped by my dealership and asked your question. Sales manager said 2014 should be delivered no later than July.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I dropped by my dealership also. They told me that I wouldn't be able to order a 2014 until August?? We also went through the actual order form on Audi's dealer website and I saw the warning in red under the carbon fiber inlays that production is delayed until april/may, and that another inlay type should be ordered.... That means that its at least 90 days from that time (april/may). He told me that I wouldn't even be able to put an order in at this time that has carbon inlays. He is going to ask the Audi Rep on monday if there is any change with the carbon inlays.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My experience (based on nearly 14 years of Audi ownership and dealer experience, and nearly as much time with AW and similar forums) is that there is MUCH more knowledge here than at the average dealership. Most dealer personnel treat their involvement with Audis for what it is - a job. For many people on the forums, their involvement is a passion - and with that comes a desire to get more knowledge, more understanding, curiousity about options, modding, rest of world stuff, etc. We spend time here not because we have to, but because we want to...we research stuff on our own free timre and we share our knowledge widely, building a knowledge base that generally exceeds that of dealer personnel.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grapeking
My experience (based on nearly 14 years of Audi ownership and dealer experience, and nearly as much time with AW and similar forums) is that there is MUCH more knowledge here than at the average dealership. Most dealer personnel treat their involvement with Audis for what it is - a job. For many people on the forums, their involvement is a passion - and with that comes a desire to get more knowledge, more understanding, curiousity about options, modding, rest of world stuff, etc. We spend time here not because we have to, but because we want to...we research stuff on our own free timre and we share our knowledge widely, building a knowledge base that generally exceeds that of dealer personnel.
grapeking, I agree with you 1,000,000% on what you said. However, my question to the OP was specific to when the 2014 MY vehicles will be built. Unless one is a sales rep, sales manager or general manager or even AoA rep, any thoughts provided by the AW members will only be calculated guesses at best (based on my 14+ years of Audi and BMW dealership experience). IMHO, even dealerships feedback is still at the mercy of Audi Germany based on other variables like supplier constraints (e.g. carbon fiber trim availability).

Remember the days when new domestic and import MYs were released in September/October and German car companies started a consistent mid Summer rollout of models with every new body change or engine change?

Anyway, I was just addressing the OP original question. I even went out of my way to visit my dealership to assist him with his question. I am glad he went to the dealership himself with his list of options to obtain a more "accurate" determination when his MY '14 will be built in the factory.

Hope this clarifies my earlier response.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hope this clarifies my earlier response.
Certainly, thanks for that and sorry I misunderstood your point. Even within the answers below it is interesting to note the differing timings provided by the dealers. Keeps things interesting for us, I suppose.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grapeking
Certainly, thanks for that and sorry I misunderstood your point. Even within the answers below it is interesting to note the differing timings provided by the dealers. Keeps things interesting for us, I suppose.
No apology required. Agree with the different responses from different dealers. Collective information is indeed powerful.

Quick Reply: 2014 S6?