S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2014 S6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bifat, in the AW spirit and power of the internet, I found this 2013 MY table from another thread and maybe you have use this as an estimated reference for the MY'14.

https://forums.audiworld.com/attachm...1&d=1346444707

In searching on the internet, a couple of links for various car brands including Audi but none showed any concrete information for Audi MY'14. Suggest that you check back later on the 2 links for any updated information. Anyway, hope this helps a little.

http://www.us.leaseplan.com/pu/enUS/...Start-up_Dates

http://www.motorleasecorp.com/news/i...p%20012913.pdf

Best regards!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

In past years, S models often seem to arrive somewhat after the A models.
Evidenced by the differing dealer responses, I would think dealers are as much in the dark at this point about 2014 arrival times as anyone. When Audi officially announces the dates, dealers and forum members will become ETA experts all at the same time.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bilfat
When do you guys think we will be able to order a 2014 S6. I was actually thinking of going to put my deposit down today but shouldn't the 2014's be available this summer right about the time when i would be taking delivery of one that i order now?
I was told you can put in your order for a 2014 now. The dealer wouldn't give me specifics about what the changes were going to be. He said they looked like the same options...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just looking into this and found this thread. In the last day or two I got two drastically different quotes from dealers. One told me that I could order and have a 2014 S6 by July/August. The other told me that it wouldn't be until December. Of course, the former didn't have an S6 on the lot that fit my wantlist and the latter did have one that was close. So, they both had a vested interest in providing times that my motivate me to make a particular buying decision.

I looked at the links above and the lists either don't include the S6, or don't have dates yet for it.

Any info from people without ulterior motives would certainly be welcome!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi everyone... first post for me. I too have been contemplating looking for a 2013 S6 that is already stateside or just waiting and ordering a 2014. My sales advisor is a personal friend, so I think I can trust what he is saying. I was told that he can certainly place an order for a 2014, but it would just sort of sit in limbo until they start assigning numbers, and that hasn't happened yet. The only advantage would be that we would be able to get ahead of all the other people that would begin placing orders as soon as the order banks open up. He told me that they typically get the non-S type cars for the new model year in early August, sometimes late July. He said if we ordered a S6 that he wouldn't feel comfortable promising it anytime before October, but would hope for September. This is all from coming from a smaller dealer in South Louisiana.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr Mom
Hi everyone... first post for me. I too have been contemplating looking for a 2013 S6 that is already stateside or just waiting and ordering a 2014. My sales advisor is a personal friend, so I think I can trust what he is saying. I was told that he can certainly place an order for a 2014, but it would just sort of sit in limbo until they start assigning numbers, and that hasn't happened yet. The only advantage would be that we would be able to get ahead of all the other people that would begin placing orders as soon as the order banks open up. He told me that they typically get the non-S type cars for the new model year in early August, sometimes late July. He said if we ordered a S6 that he wouldn't feel comfortable promising it anytime before October, but would hope for September. This is all from coming from a smaller dealer in South Louisiana.

Welcome to AW and your first post. Your dealer friend is correct on 2 points (with qualifications):

1. Audi has never been very predicable when newer release cars like the S6 will be open for orders, manufacturing, and delivery stateside. Any dealer promising when an (2013 and 2014) S6 delivery is, will be a pure guess on their part. The fact your dealer could not commit to a delivery date is good.

2. Model availability is based on the size of the dealer. So a smaller dealer usually have a smaller dip in the overall allocation numbers.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter when they come out, you can't order one to coincide with the release.

If there out in July, no orders will be taken until then. We're you really thinking that you get a car delivered on the release date?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My dealer here in MA told me that orders should open up in the next three weeks with an expected delivery of July/August. Dealer #2 said that they thought it was unlikely to see a car before December. Unfortunately, they both have potential bias in their response, so I'm left still up in the air...
Old 03-31-2013, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I think we are going to put our order in this week for a 2014 and our sales advisor is going to keep looking for one that matches what we are looking for. There aren't that many options and more seem to be loaded than not. Maybe we will get lucky?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an update on this. I saw the misano red S6 at the New York auto show and really like the color. I called my Audi rep today to change from the Garnett Red to the Audi exclusive color. I originally put my order in about 3 weeks ago and it was scheduled to be delivered in May/June. With the switch to this color it is pushing the delivery date back to September which he tells me will end up being a 2014 model even though I ordered it in March. Hope this helps...

Quick Reply: 2014 S6?