S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2014 S6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jascooper
No matter when they come out, you can't order one to coincide with the release.

If there out in July, no orders will be taken until then. We're you really thinking that you get a car delivered on the release date?
Not true. Audis can usually be ordered 2 to 3 months in advance of the new year model release date. I ordered my 2013 last May and it arrived on the very first truck in early July with the dealer's demos; just in time for the official release date. I've been ordering Audis for years months in advance that were delivered within days of the first release date.

Actually, Audi has the first shipment of new model year cars held in port after inspection until the official release date and then they get loaded on carriers to the dealers. Ordered cars usually get preference at the port and since my dealer is one hour away and after a couple of hours for them to prep, I was on my way the same day as the "release" date.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich-SLine
Just an update on this. I saw the misano red S6 at the New York auto show and really like the color. I called my Audi rep today to change from the Garnett Red to the Audi exclusive color. I originally put my order in about 3 weeks ago and it was scheduled to be delivered in May/June. With the switch to this color it is pushing the delivery date back to September which he tells me will end up being a 2014 model even though I ordered it in March. Hope this helps...
Is he honoring the same price he gave you? I heard that the 2014's were about 1% higher in price. Meaning for an S6 this could mean as much as $1k more in cost...
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Decim8r
Is he honoring the same price he gave you? I heard that the 2014's were about 1% higher in price. Meaning for an S6 this could mean as much as $1k more in cost...
I'm actually leasing and the $2500 paint option is an extra $35/month when he gave me the updated cost. In total it is $1250 in cost to me. I don't think there's an extra $1000 put in because it would mean the color is only a $250 cost to me.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For what it's worth, I know someone who just ordered a 2014 S6, and he says the dealer told them that Audi won't allow any more 2013 orders from the factory.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by schalliol
For what it's worth, I know someone who just ordered a 2014 S6, and he says the dealer told them that Audi won't allow any more 2013 orders from the factory.
Correct. 2013 orders ended almost a month ago. If you ordered a 2013 in the last month, its becuase a dealer changed an existing order. 2014s now. Its a trade off. You will pay 1.5%-2% more, however, Audi is justifying much of this cost by making packages that where options (Side Assist/Pre Sense) standard. In addition, you will see the best money factors on your 2013 right now, and those will tick up on the 2014, however the residual might bump a point also to offset that.

Finally, eventually when you sell, the car is worth a bit more, as a model year newer. It all comes out pretty even.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Makes sense to put side assist in. My '12 Honda minivan comes with it!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I find it a bit funny that Audi releases the order guide out of sync with pricing. Oh well!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well, with the order guide here, I still have two dealers bickering on delivery. Dealer A is telling me end of July, beginning of August (unless we go with audi exclusive and pick a paint out of range, then he said it could be a long wait...). Dealer B is telling me end of year. Eesh.

Anyway, going to go order it today. Dealer is giving $2k off sticker. Not sure if anyone else has ordered a 2014 yet, and if that deal is reasonable, but it doesn't seem "horrible"...
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Different dealers are allocated different quantities of a model based on their size, sales history and location. As S models are more constrained than others, the allocations will be smaller. If a dealer has pre-sold his allocation for a given month, buying from that dealer will entail a longer wait time. That's why one dealer says delivery wil be in X month and another dealer says Y month. Those that get their orders in early with a dealer that has a larger allocation of a model, will see their car sooner than others.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by metalica23
Well, with the order guide here, I still have two dealers bickering on delivery. Dealer A is telling me end of July, beginning of August (unless we go with audi exclusive and pick a paint out of range, then he said it could be a long wait...). Dealer B is telling me end of year. Eesh.

Anyway, going to go order it today. Dealer is giving $2k off sticker. Not sure if anyone else has ordered a 2014 yet, and if that deal is reasonable, but it doesn't seem "horrible"...
Like snagitseven said, dealer A may have a larger allocation than dealer B, and this a quicker delivery time.
2000 below sticker is not bad considering that you are purchasing a S model.

Quick Reply: 2014 S6?