S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

ACNA discount

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACNA discount

Anyone else order a 2014 S6 with the Audi Club of North America discount? I know there have been posts on this before, but I called ACNA and was assured that the 6% discount included 2014 models (including S6). Only R8 and RS models are excluded.

Apparently there is some variability in how the dealerships honor this, though. My local dealer will only honor it up to an S4. I do understand that some dealerships only get 2-3 S6's per year, so the need for some significant profit is there. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mohawkpathology
Anyone else order a 2014 S6 with the Audi Club of North America discount? I know there have been posts on this before, but I called ACNA and was assured that the 6% discount included 2014 models (including S6). Only R8 and RS models are excluded.

Apparently there is some variability in how the dealerships honor this, though. My local dealer will only honor it up to an S4. I do understand that some dealerships only get 2-3 S6's per year, so the need for some significant profit is there. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this.
not sure if this is like the supplier program but under supplier program all dealerships honor the discount and any car bought under this program does not count towards dealer allocation.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Read this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2851468

In short, they should honor the ACNA discount, at 6% off MSRP. The staff at the dealership I ordered from said the discount falls under the supplier program. This means their margin is sort of thin, but the car does NOT count against their allocation. If they think it does, you could encourage them to contact ACNA or AoA to discuss.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

When I was looking to buy my 2013 S6, some dealers would honor the Audi Club discount, others would not. The dealers were not obligated to participate in the program, and could apply it to any car they wanted to, or totally ignore it.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dD/dt
Read this:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2851468

In short, they should honor the ACNA discount, at 6% off MSRP. The staff at the dealership I ordered from said the discount falls under the supplier program. This means their margin is sort of thin, but the car does NOT count against their allocation. If they think it does, you could encourage them to contact ACNA or AoA to discuss.
good info. much appreciated.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Fairfax 4.0T
When I was looking to buy my 2013 S6, some dealers would honor the Audi Club discount, others would not. The dealers were not obligated to participate in the program, and could apply it to any car they wanted to, or totally ignore it.
sounds like that is indeed the case. thanks.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I've been using the Supplier and ACNA programs for years on several Audis. I've never heard that cars purchased under either program do not count against a dealer's allocation. What is the source on that? A dealer or AOA?

As pointed out, since the dealer is reimbursed 2% of both 6% discounts, it's actually 4% from the dealer's point of view, leaving at least 3% gross profit (plus any dealer incentives). Still a reasonable profit on most models these days.

These programs clearly state that they are available at participating dealers. No dealer is compelled to honor the programs and if they do participate, the RS5, RS5 Cabrio, Audi Q5 Hybrid, TT RS, RS7, A8 W12 and R8 are officially excluded by AOA.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered a 2014 S6 a few weeks ago. Almost all of the dealers I talked to in Colorado said they would honor it. After picking a dealer and ordering the car, my salesman did say that they typically wouldn't honor the ACNA on the higher end cars with thin allocation but they made an exception. I'd keep looking around, you should be able to find a dealer that will honor it.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I've never heard that cars purchased under either program do not count against a dealer's allocation. What is the source on that? A dealer or AOA?
It was the sales manager and salesman at the dealership.

Are they correct? I honestly don't know. However, I don't care as long as they honor the price they promised when we close the deal. I've spent enough time working in car dealerships during college to know that the successful ones know their business and don't give anything away for free.

I've gathered that the margin on most Audis in 6%. On rare models like the S6 it's more like 7%. When the dealership has a small allocation for a sought-after model (like the S6), they will hold out for a higher price, because they can. If the sale goes outside their allocation (i.e. how many of a given model they get in a year), they are more willing to negotiate, or to accept a supplier program that both guarantees and limits their profit at 2%. This is what makes me believe vehicles sold under the ACNA discount don't count against the allocation.

Whatever it is, ACNA discount sales are evidently treated just like other supplier program sales. I've read the whole sheet, and it doesn't mention allocation, but does say "Supplier Program" all over it.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Actually, all Audis have had 7% gross margin on sticker price w/factory options for many years (not including freight). You can easily confirm this by looking online at Edmunds, Car.com, etc. to see invoice and retail pricing for any model and do the math.

These programs are simply a marketing mechanism for a no hassle way for the dealer and the customer to conclude haggle free transaction for those who qualify and are unrelated to allocations. Some dealers that are constrained on a particular high demand model due to scarcity or sales exceeding supply could explain why a dealer might not wish to participate. In any case, it's good that you were able to get the car you wanted at the price you expected to pay.