S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

April Delivery - Glacier White S6!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April Delivery - Glacier White S6!

Hello everyone! I've lurked on these forums for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 S6.

-Glacier White/Black, B&O, Innovation, Comfort Seats, LED Headlights, 20" Wheels, Power Rear Sunshade/Manual Side Sunshades, Carbon Inlays, Rear Side Airbags, Media Package, All-Weather Floor Mats, Black Headliner.

Questions I have:
1.) Anyone try and lower their air suspension further with the VAG com cable? I bought one in advance. Where can I find the other codes for our car (Video in motion, window up/down with remote, etc)?

2.) Anyone find any additional carbon fiber parts for our car? I'm mainly looking for a CF trunk spoiler but any other info on other parts is appreciated. I plan on getting the MAcarbon paddle shifter extensions.

3.) Any other exhausts in the works besides the MTM non-resonated? I want diamond black tips (emailed AWE today).

4.) Anyone doing aftermarket wheels from 20"-22"? I was thinking Vossen wheels (they said they don't have wheels that are our correct offset or can clear our brakes) or the 21" Titanium Rotor design wheels off the S8 (should fit but I'm assuming they are big $$$ though).

5.) What is the general consensus on the USP intake? It looks beautiful but I'm hearing mixed reviews...I even heard one guy put his stock airbox back on because he didn't feel the USP intake was doing anything.

6.) Anyone adding a boost gauge? How will it work, since there are two turbos? I wonder if there is a vent mount gauge kit that will blend in with the rest of the car.

7.) I ordered the B&O stereo without ever hearing it (couldn't find any cars to demo it in, but was told by a few friends who heard it, that its a really great stereo). I was going to add a 12" sub or two to the Bose Stereo and will likely do the same with the B&O stereo for added deep bass. Has anyone added any aftermarket sub/amp combos?

Thank you all for your input, I really appreciate it. I'm excited to be a part of the S6 club!! :-)

Jack
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jack,
First of all BAD *** CAR!
2nd, why buy the 20" if your going to replace them?
3rd, were you able to preorder the all weather mats? I need them but I didn't see them on the order sheet. Now I'm worried I'll need to wait for the S labeled mats
4th I didn't order the B&O just because of price, my '10 A6 radio is pretty nice, but even on it when I cranked the bass up on the Sub it has a really nice sound. I actually backed it down recently.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mattsam
Jack,
First of all BAD *** CAR!
2nd, why buy the 20" if your going to replace them?
3rd, were you able to preorder the all weather mats? I need them but I didn't see them on the order sheet. Now I'm worried I'll need to wait for the S labeled mats
4th I didn't order the B&O just because of price, my '10 A6 radio is pretty nice, but even on it when I cranked the bass up on the Sub it has a really nice sound. I actually backed it down recently.
Mattsam,

Thanks! You ordered an S6 also? I got the 20" wheels because they were $1,000 and I like them a LOT more than the 19" wheels. Figured I'd make them my winter wheels and upgrade to something either the same size or and inch or two bigger. I was able to order the AW mats with the cars. You should be able to get the S6 mats at your parts department soon of not already. I don't think the sound system in the 2010 A6 and the B&O in the '13 S6 are comparable...Did they do an advanced B&O system in 2010 A6's? Thanks for your input!

Jack
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hugojack
Mattsam,

Thanks! You ordered an S6 also? I got the 20" wheels because they were $1,000 and I like them a LOT more than the 19" wheels. Figured I'd make them my winter wheels and upgrade to something either the same size or and inch or two bigger. I was able to order the AW mats with the cars. You should be able to get the S6 mats at your parts department soon of not already. I don't think the sound system in the 2010 A6 and the B&O in the '13 S6 are comparable...Did they do an advanced B&O system in 2010 A6's? Thanks for your input!

Jack
I have an april delivery S6
My '10 A6 is the stock radio not B&O, my point is even with the stock the bass is very good. I have not listen to the 13 S6 radios at all
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bump! Help me out guys. Anyone who has owns an S6 is welcome to chime in and help!! Thanks again.

Jack
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on your new car, which is similar to mine (save the B&O, Carbon trim and rear airbags). You're gonna love it! Answers to questions I am comfortable answering below in red

Originally Posted by hugojack
4.) Anyone doing aftermarket wheels from 20"-22"? I was thinking Vossen wheels (they said they don't have wheels that are our correct offset or can clear our brakes) or the 21" Titanium Rotor design wheels off the S8 (should fit but I'm assuming they are big $$$ though).
Unless you live where the roads are pristine, I wouldn't consider larger than stock wheels. Even Car & Driver observed the 20" wheel/tire combination made the ride "slightly stiff-legged", and this was on German roads.

5.) What is the general consensus on the USP intake? It looks beautiful but I'm hearing mixed reviews...I even heard one guy put his stock airbox back on because he didn't feel the USP intake was doing anything.
The factory intake is designed to take in cold air, whereas every aftermarket one I've seen doesn't. Effectively increasing the intake temperature hinders performance on any car, and particularly so on a turbocharged one. One of our members from the Middle East got a custom tune and found his custom intake was costing him around 50 whp.

6.) Anyone adding a boost gauge? How will it work, since there are two turbos? I wonder if there is a vent mount gauge kit that will blend in with the rest of the car.
There's a VAG-COM mod that will give you a digital boost guage, along with oil temps. Might want to try this option first. If you still want a physical boost gauge, you'll only need one, as the turbos are synchronized (i.e. not running sequentially).
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

The 20 inch wheels do not give the car a stiff ride. The car rides great even on the firmest setting. 19 inch wheels look small on this car.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Harsany
The 20 inch wheels do not give the car a stiff ride. The car rides great even on the firmest setting. 19 inch wheels look small on this car.
I agree, I don't think the 20s give the car a harsh ride. Still plenty of sidewall. I am going to upgrade to 21s for aesthetics.

As far as lowering with vagcom, I was unable to gain access to the module to lower. I've asked rosstech to take a look and figure out what the new security access code is. If there is anyone who is an Audi Tech, any info about how the dealership sets the ride height would great!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I hope you're right, since I'm stuck with the 20s that came with the car for summer use. For my part, I'd forgo the aesthetic considerations for a touch more ride comfort and a lot more pothole resistance.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by achan
As far as lowering with vagcom, I was unable to gain access to the module to lower. I've asked rosstech to take a look and figure out what the new security access code is. If there is anyone who is an Audi Tech, any info about how the dealership sets the ride height would great!
I just spoke to one of my techs and it seems that when they PDI a car, the computer goes through all the modules as preprogrammed and sets them. The standard setting for the height is 412mm. I have my service manager looking into which modules specifically they are and if they can be changed.

Quick Reply: April Delivery - Glacier White S6!