S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Audi Techs: Quick Help with Lowering Car VIA Audi Diagnostic Tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Techs: Quick Help with Lowering Car VIA Audi Diagnostic Tool

So, my car is at the dealer for the fuel line recall. I asked the shop foreman if he knew how to lower the car through their diagnostic computer. He said he didn't know how, and if I found out he would do it for me.

So, I've been frantically searching for some info on how this would be done using the official Audi computer system, and I haven't been able to find the procedure specifically for my car.

Does anyone have any information regarding the procedure? I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
So, my car is at the dealer for the fuel line recall. I asked the shop foreman if he knew how to lower the car through their diagnostic computer. He said he didn't know how, and if I found out he would do it for me.

So, I've been frantically searching for some info on how this would be done using the official Audi computer system, and I haven't been able to find the procedure specifically for my car.

Does anyone have any information regarding the procedure? I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Danbury audi knew how to do it, I would ask our guys to give them a shout
Old 11-05-2013, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have a procedure?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't been to the dealer yet to try, but planning to show him these directions I saved from this forum.

"You just have to go into the the air ride control module and lie to it. They have to measure all 4 corners and add (yes add, not subtract) 16mm or 17mm (can't remember which) to each number while in automatic mode not dynamic and follow all test plans. Apparently 18mm is beyond Audi's preset safe range and the computer will not allow lowering below 17mm. Took about 20 minutes. The shocks in Comfort setting seem softer than in Dynamic, but still firmer than before the car was lowered. So if you like retaining the full comfort how it is now, then lowering may not be for you."

Let us know if this works
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Elman'sS6
I haven't been to the dealer yet to try, but planning to show him these directions I saved from this forum.

"You just have to go into the the air ride control module and lie to it. They have to measure all 4 corners and add (yes add, not subtract) 16mm or 17mm (can't remember which) to each number while in automatic mode not dynamic and follow all test plans. Apparently 18mm is beyond Audi's preset safe range and the computer will not allow lowering below 17mm. Took about 20 minutes. The shocks in Comfort setting seem softer than in Dynamic, but still firmer than before the car was lowered. So if you like retaining the full comfort how it is now, then lowering may not be for you."

Let us know if this works
Thank you... I'm not sure if I made my deadline on this one. Perhaps next time.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

anybody have any luck, I had my dealer try this method, theyre telling me that the car drops, but as soon as they exit the program, the car will just raise back up to normal mode? anybody in so. cal do it successfully? if so where did you get it done. Im about to just give up and going to link it.