S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Audi vs Tesla - surprising outcome

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi vs Tesla - surprising outcome

Did not see this coming...

Old 04-02-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

What was surprising? The Tesla was quieter which is no aurprise (and it's "superior" hands free might not be all it's cracked up to be on many roads). The S7 outperformed in all other areas including the much nice interior (by far). That honking, ginormous screen leaves me cold.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

O-M-G.
This thread may have just provided me with a promotion at work.
My boss has been hammering about wanting to get a Tesla and suddenly isn't happy I'm in an Audi A6. He even tried to disuade me from an A6 when I told him my goal and suggested maybe I look at a Kia.

BTW, For all you Tesla fans out there, very impressive car, awesome in its own right, and amazing features. I just prefer old school muscle and tech compared to Tesla's Ipad looking interface, along with the many-many years of race experience Audi has built into their car's engineering. Both awesome cars for different tastes.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 04-09-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

A while back we were talking about the S6, and I was mentioning that when I was doing my research on the Audi S6, etc. I had watched all the YouTube vids, read all the reviews, etc. and most all of then raved about the Audi S6. When I see this most recent review, it reminds me how much I saw and read on the Audi S7. The S7 is loved far and wide, most all reviews rate that car top honors. ...Unlike America, that car "wins" all the time.

Hey I was wondering aside from the obvious body style difference, what are the key-point differences between the Audi S6 and Audi S7? Anyone know exactly?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Hey I was wondering aside from the obvious body style difference, what are the key-point differences between the Audi S6 and Audi S7? Anyone know exactly?
Not a whole lot. The S7 stance is a bit wider, the back seat headroom a bit less, the gross weight a bit more and of course, the $10K or so difference in cost. Otherwise, the power trains, mechanicals, electronics and, outside of a few minor differencesi the interiors are pretty much the same. The rest is mostly body style.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Tesla is a very nice car. Owning a Tesla is more of statement-exclusive, green, conscious, special, etc. Quite honestly, all that **** is boring to me. At this stage in my life, I want some luxury and roar with some cajones. Silent fart or a big rip? I know which one I let out.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

i actually went to test drive S7 and got s6: S7 rear seat access is just not acceptable if you have child seat or taller adults. S6 looks just 'regular, classic' sedan and it was cheaper and car was waiting for me on the lot.
Also I believe s6 .1 sec is faster.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm 6'5", and although I like the styling of the S7 more, I just don't fit. That said, I *LOVE* my S6...

This outcome in terms of performance surprised me, as I expected the electric car (with all its torque immediately available without the need to wait to spool up the engine) would be quicker off the line. I wonder what this outcome would have been against a P90D with Insane Mode (762hp delivering 0-60 in 2.8 seconds). All that said, my wife wants a Telsa down the road, but I bought the 7-year, 100K mile extended warranty for my S6 because I intend to drive it for a very long time...
Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TallMartin
I wonder what this outcome would have been against a P90D with Insane Mode (762hp delivering 0-60 in 2.8 seconds).
Outcome would depend on what you test. A single 1/4 drag race and the P90D will win. Even against an S8 or R8. It's a fast car. If you try two back to back 1/4 mile races and the story changes. The biggest shortfall of electrics is not surprisingly the batteries. Especially if you drive them hard.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Or far.

Quick Reply: Audi vs Tesla - surprising outcome