S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredster
Do you have any images (fairly close up) of the silver tip version you can post? I've seen a lot of the black but don't recall seeing a fairly close up view of the silver with decent lighting. Thanks.
Hey Shredster,

We have done quite a few of the polished tip versions, but I haven't managed to get a picture of one unfortunately. Next one we install with Silver tips I will grab a few shots. In the meantime, take a look at this picture of our Polished 102mm tips on a new S4. The same exact tip is used on the S6/S7 so this will give you a decent indication in terms of tip finish.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Will. I'm not into the whole black out thing that's running a craze now like elbow patches on suit jackets. I don't mine my S6 looking like an S6 but with a better exhaust report. Silver looks sick.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just had the AWE exhaust with silver tips installed on my S6 today - Jeebus it sounds (and looks) good! I'll try to snap a couple pics tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice Delurker.

Hey Will, I sent you a message.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You know, I still can't pull the trigger on either AWE or Milltek. Does anyone have the MTM? Or familiar with it?

It's spendy but the quality looks remarkable.
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredster
Nice Delurker.

Hey Will, I sent you a message.
Thanks!

Will get back to you shortly.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

A few pics I snapped this morning and reduced down to a reasonable size. Car's very dirty, but you get the idea.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for posting the pics Delurker! Looking good. Have you considered staggering the outer tips by a bit more by setting them into the valence by another 1/4"? Then again, I'm sure seeing them in person gives you a good feel for their position and purely up to you.

My main questions is, how is the cruising sound of the AWE... not too loud? I'm looking for a good report on acceleration, through the gear range but not a constant loud sounding exhaust when cruising (often have the fam in the car). I want to avoid an obnoxiously loud sound even on acceleration... you know the type when there is a sidewalk café of people enjoying their lunch and a loud exhaust startles everyone. A noticeable roar is another story.

I have heard the YouTube clip but a real environment audio dynamic cannot truly be replicated via video/audio clip. It does help to a degree, but the only way to accurately judge is to hear it in person. I am waiting for my tuner shop to let me know of an S6 in my area with an AWE but it doesn't seem like it is going to happen within the time that I want to make a decision.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Too funny you mention pushing the outer tips in. I was looking at the pics after I posted and noticed the driver's side didn't look quite right - the outer tip was definitely about half an inch farther out than the passenger side, so I climbed under the car last night and moved it back all the way. Looks better now.

As far as sound, I was really nervous about getting noise in the cabin at cruise as well, but you can't hear it at steady speed. On the freeway, all I hear is tire & wind noise unless I accelerate. Same thing with driving gently - if I ease on the throttle when accelerating with the windows up, I don't hear any exhaust noise. You could drive your family around without them even knowing your exhaust was different.

Stomping on the gas is a different story, or when driving around with the tranny in sport mode, especially with the windows open - makes a really mean-sounding roar. Still not obnoxious, but you definitely know something is there and the tone is animal. The blips on downshift in sport mode sound awesome too - I hated the single dull blah with the stock system, but the AWE sounds really good on sport mode downshifts.

It's just slightly louder starting up & idling, but nothing a neighbor or café patron is going to be annoyed by. It is the perfect touring exhaust - quiet when you want it to be, animal when you want it to be.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm seriously considering this, but would really prefer slightly smaller tips. I wonder if AWE would consider offering these as an option?

Quick Reply: AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust