S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort seating package

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfort seating package

I am getting ready to pull the trigger and order an S6. I currently have an E92 M3 and the two doors just do not work with a car seat in the back.

I am on the fence about the standard seats which I think look amazing and feel good for the 20 minute or so test drive I did last year. I am curious about the comfort seating package on the S6. I cant find very much information or pictures of these seats. I was wondering if anyone could post front and rear seat pictures of these seats and pros/cons from anyone that has experienced the standard and comfort seats. Does the novelty of the massage wear off after the first few weeks and is the ventilation worth it? I am in FL so I would think the ventilation would help. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As another Floridian I wouldn't buy leather seats that aren't ventilated. They are amazing comfortable and very adjustable. The side bolsters are adjustable so they can hold you in pretty well but not as much as the sport seats. The sport seats do look great and get more attention but when people sit in my car they think its cool that my car 'hugs them' when the bolsters adjust.

I don't get tired of the massage seats at all. They make dealing with traffic much more enjoyable.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
As another Floridian I wouldn't buy leather seats that aren't ventilated. They are amazing comfortable and very adjustable. The side bolsters are adjustable so they can hold you in pretty well but not as much as the sport seats. The sport seats do look great and get more attention but when people sit in my car they think its cool that my car 'hugs them' when the bolsters adjust.

I don't get tired of the massage seats at all. They make dealing with traffic much more enjoyable.
I was not considering the comfort seats until recently. In all the years I have lived in FL I never had ventilated (always had heated for the handful of times I used them each year) leather. I am leaning toward the comfort seats.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics of my seats:

No, they don't have the "wow" appeal of the Sport seats, but they are supremely comfortable. I use, and appreciate, the massage function pretty much every day.

Last edited by DeerHunter; 02-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can't compare

But I love the comfort seats. I use the massage function and the cooling is great.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by mcp202
I am getting ready to pull the trigger and order an S6. I currently have an E92 M3 and the two doors just do not work with a car seat in the back.

I am on the fence about the standard seats which I think look amazing and feel good for the 20 minute or so test drive I did last year. I am curious about the comfort seating package on the S6. I cant find very much information or pictures of these seats. I was wondering if anyone could post front and rear seat pictures of these seats and pros/cons from anyone that has experienced the standard and comfort seats. Does the novelty of the massage wear off after the first few weeks and is the ventilation worth it? I am in FL so I would think the ventilation would help. Thanks in advance.

The are are a lot of benefits including the extension to provide better leg support. I think the standard seats are too short
Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback and the pics. As much as I like the looks of the sports seats I think I will get more use of the comfort seats.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the Comfort Seats. The stitching in the stock seats is gorgeous but the benefits of the comfort seats - ventilation, massage, adjustability - made the choice an easy one for me. My S6 is my daily driver. Comfort and enjoyment was more important to me than simply good looks. It is a personal choice based upon preference and intended use. I do not think you can go wrong because either of the seat options is still connected to the most amazing engine.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
The are are a lot of benefits including the extension to provide better leg support. I think the standard seats are too short
Standard S6 seats extend too.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i got my S6 about 4 weeks ago, I had an A7 before it and i didn't have vented seats so i was hoping to get that in an S6 but keep the absolutely beautiful diamond stitch seats and then i learned it wasn't possible. after finding that out i knew for sure i wanted the diamond stitch seats regardless. I'm wider than normal i would say, i have been body building for many years and i took my s6 on a 6 hour drive and the hugging cramped my upper back after about 4.5-5 hours of driving and thats the only issue i have with them but they are just so good looking and its the main thing that differentiates the s6 with the A7, obviously other than the motor and small badges. looking back i wouldn't get the comfort seating over the standard seats at all. hope this kind of helps lol

Quick Reply: Comfort seating package