S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort seating package

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only do I love the features of the comfort seats, I think they look better too.

stitching is too busy IMO
Old 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
Standard S6 seats extend too.
Just not as far as the comfort seats.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Comfort seats are great. If you try ventilated seats in Florida you'll never want a car without them. I was really on the fence too, because the diamond stitching is really sharp, but my 2009 Carerra has them and I use them all the time.

What I love most is that I can wear a suit in the summertime, and it's clean and unwrinkled after 45 minutes of driving.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dD/dt
What I love most is that I can wear a suit in the summertime, and it's clean and unwrinkled after 45 minutes of driving.
It irons your suit too?? Amazing. I had no idea.... :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm pretty sure comfort seats are in my future too, i'm afraid. I've got an S5 now and when the S6/S7 shows up it'll probably have the ventilated seats.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcp202
Does the novelty of the massage wear off after the first few weeks and is the ventilation worth it? I am in FL so I would think the ventilation would help. Thanks in advance.
After 16 months of ownership I do not regret getting the comfort seats. The venting definitely does help cool your body, and as others have pointed out, great for warmer climates. I use the massage feature almost daily due to issues in my lower spine that result in spasms in my lower back. And even if you don't have back problems, it's good those long road trips when you start to get a little stiff.

Regarding bolstering, I'm not a big guy and I find it plenty adequate to hold me in when adjusted to their narrowest position. Sure the quilting looks cooler, but for me it's function over form.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
It irons your suit too?? Amazing. I had no idea.... :-)
Yes. I can't say enough. It even got a spot out of my tie last week.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks again everyone.

I do understand about the suit. During the summer in FL, with dress pants, etc. you would be surprised at the sweat you can build up walking from your office to the car in 90 plus degrees. However, if the seats iron your suit and spot cleans I am sold!

I wouldn’t consider myself “old” at 33 but function over form definitely has its benefits.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was told by a sales person that the ventilated seats simply re-circulate cabin air. So if you get in a hot car, it will blow hot air through the seat. Is that true?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwas911
I was told by a sales person that the ventilated seats simply re-circulate cabin air. So if you get in a hot car, it will blow hot air through the seat. Is that true?
That's essentially what they do, but so what? They're ventilated, not air conditioned seats. They function the same way as a fan does on a hot day - allowing perspiration to dry and thereby cooling your skin. Just like a fan (which also blows ambient-temperature air), they work well to keep you feeling cool.

Quick Reply: Comfort seating package