S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort seating package

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have an A6 with ventilated seats and while its cool (pun intended!) I think the bolstering in the normal sport seats is a lot better. I also really like the look of the diamond stitching.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtek
I currently have an A6 with ventilated seats and while its cool (pun intended!) I think the bolstering in the normal sport seats is a lot better. I also really like the look of the diamond stitching.
The A6 ventilated seats are not the same as the Comfort Seats in the S6/7 (which are essentially the ones that come in the A/S8). Yes, the bolstering is ultimately better with the Sport Seats, but I don't think the difference is as pronounced.

Also, my understanding is that the ventilation on the Comfort Seats is more efficient, in that it sucks air into the seat rather than blowing it out.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default S8

Has comfort seats with diamond stitch

Only $30 k more
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Comfort Seats - Review

I decided on the comfort seats and after experiencing them for a week, I figured I would share my thoughts.

- Overall, the comfort seating package is just that...comfortable.

- The comfort seats have superior adjustability. They can range from very sporty feel to very luxury feel.

- With adjustments, they can be nearly as "sporty" as the sport seats. The side bolstering can be adjusted to provide a good hugged feel.

- I really like the fact that the bolstering lowers for easy entry into the car. That feature should also prolong the life of the seat.

- The rear seats are more comfortable with the comfort package then with the sport package.

- The ventilation function is, in my opinion, the only negative of the comfort seats. That's right, I said negative. While I haven't yet seen them in action on a hot summer day, thus far they are basically useless. I have sat in air conditioned seats in which i could really feel the cold air. These simply circulate cabin air and as such the feeling is not so obvious. Another downside is the noise. The fan motor seems to be in the back of the seat and is disappointingly loud. At idle it is easily heard over the hum of the engine/exhaust.

- The massage function is nice. I look forward to trying them out on a road trip. Time will tell how well the massaging motors hold up.

summary is the seats are very very nice. I am glad I selected them over the sport seats. In the future I would hope Audi adds air conditioning function to the ventilation and relocates or quites the fan motor.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I recently took our first long road trip in the S6, and I must say I prefer the comfort seats in our A8 much better than the sport seats in the S6.

The S6 seat sure do look cool, but for long-term comfort they are no match for the comfort seats.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kwas911
I decided on the comfort seats and after experiencing them for a week, I figured I would share my thoughts.

- Overall, the comfort seating package is just that...comfortable.

- The comfort seats have superior adjustability. They can range from very sporty feel to very luxury feel.

- With adjustments, they can be nearly as "sporty" as the sport seats. The side bolstering can be adjusted to provide a good hugged feel.

- I really like the fact that the bolstering lowers for easy entry into the car. That feature should also prolong the life of the seat.

- The rear seats are more comfortable with the comfort package then with the sport package.

- The ventilation function is, in my opinion, the only negative of the comfort seats. That's right, I said negative. While I haven't yet seen them in action on a hot summer day, thus far they are basically useless. I have sat in air conditioned seats in which i could really feel the cold air. These simply circulate cabin air and as such the feeling is not so obvious. Another downside is the noise. The fan motor seems to be in the back of the seat and is disappointingly loud. At idle it is easily heard over the hum of the engine/exhaust.

- The massage function is nice. I look forward to trying them out on a road trip. Time will tell how well the massaging motors hold up.

summary is the seats are very very nice. I am glad I selected them over the sport seats. In the future I would hope Audi adds air conditioning function to the ventilation and relocates or quites the fan motor.
The comfort seats actually have a good bit that you can adjust through VagCom as well. I have increased the side bolstering to give more support during spirited driving. You can also increase the massage function so that it is more firm as well as runs longer. I use mine practically everyday so I will be testing the longevity first hand.

As for the ventilation function, I live in Florida so maybe the temperature differential is more significant but there are some days I can't use it on full ventilation because it is too cold. And compared to other cars (non audi's) that I've had with the ventilation function it is much quieter.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
The comfort seats actually have a good bit that you can adjust through VagCom as well. I have increased the side bolstering to give more support during spirited driving. You can also increase the massage function so that it is more firm as well as runs longer.
Interesting. Would you perhaps share the tweaks you've discovered?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Interesting. Would you perhaps share the tweaks you've discovered?
I wasn't able to find my notes I made but I believe they are Module 88 and 89. One is for the driver's seat and the other is the passenger's seat. I believe under long coding is where you will see the duration and intensity of the massaging function. I believe the duration is in seconds but when you see the number you should be able to tell if it is seconds or minutes. I believe the default is 15 minutes. The intensity of the massage function I believe is a %. I think default was around 80% and I increased it to 90%.

You will also see the maximum pressure of the side bolsters. The max I think was 650 so I wouldn't go over 95% of that. 600 is probably safe.