S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Perdue
How comfortable are the sport seats?
I sink in and melt with the sporty seat comformity. I have not been on any long drives but they are very comfortable and hold you in place! Granted you have to 'get into them' as opposed to just sliding in like you would most non sport seats. I am 6' a 175 lbs and they fit me like a glove.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

The longest stint in mine so far has been about an hour and a half, but I find the sport seats very comfortable and supportive as well.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sync
I find both the ventilation and massage features to be not as great as I was expecting. You barely feel the ventilation, although it does have the amusing side affect of circulating the new car smell around the cabin. The massage function is rather meh too.
Pretty sure this is the most important review observation made in this thread...I heard this from other people too, and in combination with the diamond stitching looking much cooler, this made the decision very easy. Also, happier to have the $2000 in my pocket for mods.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B8S410
Pretty sure this is the most important review observation made in this thread...I heard this from other people too, and in combination with the diamond stitching looking much cooler, this made the decision very easy. Also, happier to have the $2000 in my pocket for mods.
Well, to play devil's advocate, plenty of people have felt the opposite too--that they find the ventilation and massage features to be quite nice. As with most such things in life, it does boil down to personal preference.

The great thing is that given the current set of S6 options, either way (comfort or sport), you have something the alternative option won't give you :-)
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sync is right - it really does boil down to personal preference. I was torn between the two, loving the look of the diamond stitch sport seats, but wanting the ventilation and additional support options of the comfort seats. In some ways it seemed stupid that I would consider paying $2K extra for seats that didn't seem to offer $2K of benefits and in my opinion, didn't look as nice and unique. But I had some friends who insisted I should buy them and I did take into consideration the experiences of those on the forum. I was also concerned that the integrated head rest of the stock seat might not be that comfortable.

After 7 weeks of having the comfort seats I can say I am pleased with them, but I don't think they are worth an additional $2K. I do use the ventilation option frequently, but as I recognized from my test drive, it isn't that strong (my friend's Infiniti M45 cooling seats were much, much better). The massaging feature is decent and I actually use it. But overall, I'm guessing I would be just as happy with the stock diamond stitch seats had I ordered them. In fact, when I was wrestling with the decision of which seat to order, I actually found myself wishing Audi never offered the comfort seats - it would have made the decision so much easier and I know I'd be just as happy.

Best of luck - it's a great decision to have to make.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Robert Perdue
I've been shopping around for the past three months and haven't been able to find an S6 to test drive yet.

How comfortable are the sport seats? I think they look great from the picture on the Audi website, but I'm wondering if they would be comfortable to sit in for hours at a time.
The seats in my '02 were essentially the same as the sport seats in my S6,except they had a separate head rest. I drove that car for 70K miles and never had an issue with seat comfort. I was a little concerned about the built in fixed head rest in the S6 but it's a complete non-issue, I don't notice it at all. I drove one with the comfort seats before I ordered mine and just couldn't justify 2 grand for what looks like, unless they are side by side, A6 prestige seats.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by photoguy
I drove one with the comfort seats before I ordered mine and just couldn't justify 2 grand for what looks like, unless they are side by side, A6 prestige seats.
2 grand buys you ventilation, 22-way adjustability (adds power adjustable thigh and side bolsters & power adjustable seat length), massage, and passenger seat memory. Sure they don't have the visual appeal of the diamond quilt, but for me the additional features outweigh aesthetics.

Last edited by RobC; 06-06-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I personally am firmly in the camp that the Sport seats make the interior. As much as I would LOVE ventilated seats (and likely would have shelled out the $2k for JUST that if I could keep the diamond stitching), to me the diamond stitching makes the car.

OK, 4.0 liters of twin-turbo fury makes the car, but the diamond stitching is second.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC
2 grand buys you ventilation, 22-way adjustability (adds power adjustable thigh and side bolsters & power adjustable seat length), massage, and passenger seat memory. Sure they don't have the visual appeal of the diamond quilt, but for me the additional features outweigh aesthetics.
Did they change the seats for 2014? My 2013 model, with the Comfort Seats, are only 18-way adjustable - losing the powered headrest and upper shoulder adjustment. The A/S8 seats were always 22-way adjustable, so perhaps they've swapped these in for the new model year.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Did they change the seats for 2014? My 2013 model, with the Comfort Seats, are only 18-way adjustable - losing the powered headrest and upper shoulder adjustment. The A/S8 seats were always 22-way adjustable, so perhaps they've swapped these in for the new model year.
You know, I was doing exactly that, while typing the response, counting the adjustability because 22 sounded too high. Although the PDF says 2013, I think it's an early one when Audi was still considering to offer the A8 22-way seats. I also count 18-way.

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats