S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Estoril Blue - Xpel or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry-M3
Appreciate any recommendations offered for a great Xpel installer in Northern NJ. Pls advise, thx.
I'm in the Paramus area and I took my car to Hillsborough for Lee Berbs to work his magic with the Xpel Ultimate. I'm picking my car up tomorrow, so I still don't have any first hand experience with LEE or the film - but he came highly recommended to me and it's been a pleasure to deal with him. Make sure you get your paint corrected before putting the film on too. I used Greg with Signature (they both worked on my car in Lee's shop).

http://www.facebook.com/leeberbs
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
I'm in the Paramus area and I took my car to Hillsborough for Lee Berbs to work his magic with the Xpel Ultimate. I'm picking my car up tomorrow, so I still don't have any first hand experience with LEE or the film - but he came highly recommended to me and it's been a pleasure to deal with him. Make sure you get your paint corrected before putting the film on too. I used Greg with Signature (they both worked on my car in Lee's shop).

http://www.facebook.com/leeberbs
I can confirm Greg is great - didn't use Lee though. How did your car come out?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
I can confirm Greg is great - didn't use Lee though. How did your car come out?
It came out great! Check out the writeup with tons of pics on this page.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...3#post24418133
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow so all of those scratches came from the dealer's initial car wash? Is it the color itself that makes these scratches more noticeable or is there something about the clear coat used? I would think that all dark colors would be susceptible but haven't heard non-Estoril owners mention these scratches.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by turbonator
Wow so all of those scratches came from the dealer's initial car wash? Is it the color itself that makes these scratches more noticeable or is there something about the clear coat used? I would think that all dark colors would be susceptible but haven't heard non-Estoril owners mention these scratches.
Well, the car had nearly 170 miles on it when I puchased it, so it had been test-driven in the NJ winter weather and was probably cleaned improperly a few times. You know, customer is coming in so let me whipe off the salt with a dry towel - I cringe.

Anyway, the pictures make it look worse than it was because greg is focusing in on the small imperfections that you would have trouble finding without proper lighting and looking closely. Some people would never see it. I'm cursed with an eye that can find a flaw in anything :-(

Greg took care of it and the 22PLE should give the car a little bit more scratch resistance if the claims are true. We'll see!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was quoted $1,650 for full frontal with Xpel Ultimate. It includes entire front bumper area, full hood, full front fenders, and mirror backs, all wrapped around corners. It is $1,250 with 3M Ventureshield. Anyone have experience with the less expensive option?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
I was quoted $1,650 for full frontal with Xpel Ultimate. It includes entire front bumper area, full hood, full front fenders, and mirror backs, all wrapped around corners. It is $1,250 with 3M Ventureshield. Anyone have experience with the less expensive option?
The Xpel Ulimate is the only film on the market that has self-healing properties and its own clear coat surface.
If you're going to do it right, get the Ultimate and go the extra mile to protect your expensive investment. Well worth the difference. I haven't seen one post from anyone who had the Ultimate installed and regretted it.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

It came out great! Check out the writeup with tons of pics on this page.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...3#post24418133
I saw the write up from a link on his Facebook page. For a one step correction you got great results. Mine was a two step. I am noticing some scratches on the trunk area - I am hoping it is in the 22ple and we noticed one on the roof. It is really noticable in the sun. I love the color when it is clean - now if only the weather would cooperate.

I hope the touch-up paint works well. I need Greg to help me with a chip on my A pillar now.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

The paint you provided was perfect, thank you again so much. However if I was not in a rush the touchup could have been better. There are chip repair kits on the market that allow you to fill chips and then remove the excess paint that bubbles up over the original paint. Langka is one such kit that seems to work extremely well in all of the videos I have seen... You should probably give it a try as the pillar will be noticeable always.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

The paint you provided was perfect, thank you again so much. However if I was not in a rush the touchup could have been better. There are chip repair kits on the market that allow you to fill chips and then remove the excess paint that bubbles up over the original paint. Langka is one such kit that seems to work extremely well in all of the videos I have seen... You should probably give it a try as the pillar will be noticeable always.
No problem. I am going to see what we can do with the chip to help it blend better as it is a large chip and as you said would be noticeable on the A pillar.

Quick Reply: Estoril Blue - Xpel or not?