S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
One other thing...the discussion so far has been about getting pulled over while driving for no front plate. BUT, in NYC at least, one can also get ticketed by parking enforcement agents anytime you're parked on a public street.
I live in a South Denver suburb. From what I've heard, it's pretty rare to get ticketed by a police officer for no front plate. The most common way to get ticketed is street parking in the city. I do that rarely, so my plan is to get this easily removable plate.

http://www.usmillworks.com/

They have them for the C7s, they're just not on the website yet. The owner, Brad says that the one made for the A7 is an inch longer than the one made for the A6 and should be able to spin off from the A6 tow hitch without any tools.

I haven't ordered yet, as I still have my temporary tags and figured I'm safe for now.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbonator
One other thing...the discussion so far has been about getting pulled over while driving for no front plate. BUT, in NYC at least, one can also get ticketed by parking enforcement agents anytime you're parked on a public street.
Portland, OR is the same. $50 ticket for being parked on the street with no front plate. And no, putting the plate in the windshield won't cut it. So now i have to park in a parking garage during meter hours to avoid a ticket.

Oregon's rationale on the plate is the heavy photo enforcement for speeding and red lights. they need pictures coming and going and use it to identify the cars.

As for the inlays, I am still trying to get full confirmation that the RS6 grill will fit the S6. my plan is to swap it out for the full honeycomb.