S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

High Idle when stopped with adaptive cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Idle when stopped with adaptive cruise control

Hi!

I have a 2013 S6 with the adaptive cruise control option w/ stop & go. I love it to death - it has no problems stopping and its great for light traffic.

However, I've noticed on two occasions (one just now) - that during extended periods of stop/go traffic, the idle is way high - around 1300rpm. This only seems to happen after a few stop/go periods. Also, when I press resume during this high idle, the transmission engages and you get kind of get a small driveline shock.

When you disable the cruise control, the high rpm problem still happens, even with manual braking. But what's weird, is that restarting the car - turning it off and turning it back on again, actually fixes the problem until you start to use the cruise control again.

No faults according to VAGCOM

Anyone got ideas on what could be happening, or is this "normal?"
Old 08-03-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Andrew Ortman
Hi!

I have a 2013 S6 with the adaptive cruise control option w/ stop & go. I love it to death - it has no problems stopping and its great for light traffic.

However, I've noticed on two occasions (one just now) - that during extended periods of stop/go traffic, the idle is way high - around 1300rpm. This only seems to happen after a few stop/go periods. Also, when I press resume during this high idle, the transmission engages and you get kind of get a small driveline shock.

When you disable the cruise control, the high rpm problem still happens, even with manual braking. But what's weird, is that restarting the car - turning it off and turning it back on again, actually fixes the problem until you start to use the cruise control again.

No faults according to VAGCOM

Anyone got ideas on what could be happening, or is this "normal?"
I've experienced this exact same thing on my 2013 S6 too. I don't use ACC in stop-and-go conditions often so I didn't pursue a fix.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pretty normal from my experience. With the above poster, tend to not just ACC in those conditions - usually just long-stretches of open road!