S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

HyperS4 and others: Grill options for Black Optic Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by S6Express
Not sure where you live, so just do a local internet search for "vehicle wraps" and give some of them a call and tell them what you want to do. You'll know when you talk to someone that's done it.
If anyone needs a Los Angeles area recommendation, these guys are amazing: http://uniqueautofilms.com/

They will do trims, grilles or entire cars. Anyone can get the gloss black (or matte black, or any number of other colors) treatment done to their A6 or S6 that wants it. They would just wrap your existing grille and chrome trim around the doors.

They did a friend's X6. Stunning work.

http://instagram.com/unique_auto_films#

Last edited by TonySCV; 08-28-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by S6Express
Fuse, post a pic of the black shadowline trim on the grille when you have a chance. I'm about to pull the trigger on having my grille edge and chrome window trim wrapped in gloss black. Just trying to find time to take it in.
Will see about that tomorrow morning if I have some time.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonySCV
If anyone needs a Los Angeles area recommendation, these guys are amazing: http://uniqueautofilms.com/

They will do trims, grilles or entire cars. Anyone can get the gloss black (or matte black, or any number of other colors) treatment done to their A6 or S6 that wants it. They would just wrap your existing grille and chrome trim around the doors.

They did a friend's X6. Stunning work.

http://instagram.com/unique_auto_films#

That looks unbelievable.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
My next mission is to seek out the part numbers and pricing for the OEM black window trim pieces for the Black Optics package. Then I can compare the expense of ordering the actual Audi trim in Black vs. having my customs shop paint the existing trim.

Does anyone here know how I can locate the part numbers for the Audi black optics window trim?
Have a look at this....

http://www.oemplus.com/window-trim-b...cs-p-3084.html
Old 08-28-2013, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
Is the item number listed on that site the same item number used by Audi?

The reason I ask is that I might have a source who can get the OEM parts at a greatly discounted rate compared to the Audi dealer. I just need the Audi part number.

Edit: That page says the trim is matte black, but the Black Optics pkg is in gloss black. I wonder if it is legit parts?

Last edited by subterFUSE; 08-28-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Is the item number listed on that site the same item number used by Audi?

The reason I ask is that I might have a source who can get the OEM parts at a greatly discounted rate compared to the Audi dealer. I just need the Audi part number.

Edit: That page says the trim is matte black, but the Black Optics pkg is in gloss black. I wonder if it is legit parts?
Here is a complete list of the "Black Optics" parts from an Audi parts desk, including wheels, trim etc. Per my posts earlier, I am ONLY going w/ the grill.

BTW: The grill listed here INCLUDES the innovation package (camera, night vision, parking sensors, etc). There is another grill w/o those parts.

I ended up negotiating 20% off this price.
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
That looks unbelievable.
This is the future of car finishes. Why even use paint? Seriously, these finishes have all the characteristics of fresh paint will 1000X the durability.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GermanGarage
Here is a complete list of the "Black Optics" parts from an Audi parts desk, including wheels, trim etc. Per my posts earlier, I am ONLY going w/ the grill.

BTW: The grill listed here INCLUDES the innovation package (camera, night vision, parking sensors, etc). There is another grill w/o those parts.

Any chance we can find the part number for the front grille without the camera and night vision? My grille only has the parking sensors but no cameras.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GermanGarage

I found a merchant who can get the Black Optics grille from Germany for $850 + $50 shipping. I believe this is the price for the grille with the cameras. (I used the part number in your picture above) I'm waiting for a message back to confirm if the $850 price is with or without camera. Will report back ASAP.

Edit: Merchant said yes, it was the grill with the camera. Same part number listed above.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 09-05-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Has anyone seen this on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190885912438...S:1123&vxp=mtr

I don't think it is a genuine Audi part, but obviously the price is great. Hard for me to tell from the picture if it will look right, or will look like cheap crap.

Quick Reply: HyperS4 and others: Grill options for Black Optic Retrofit