S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My S6 is here baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noah123
Thats the first thing my dealer told me.."PIRELLIS DONT LAST"...anyway lets not worry abt it...

100k/7 year warranty, is this offered by your dealer?
I just checked the paperwork once again. It says Audi Pure Protection. Platinum with $100 deductible. The bottom of the paper says Fidelity Warranty Services. I'm not sure if Fidelity is underwriting the Audi warranty. It was expensive I must say. I just don't want to deal with any issues for 7 yrs. I just paid it.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche
I just checked the paperwork once again. It says Audi Pure Protection. Platinum with $100 deductible. The bottom of the paper says Fidelity Warranty Services. I'm not sure if Fidelity is underwriting the Audi warranty. It was expensive I must say. I just don't want to deal with any issues for 7 yrs. I just paid it.
Please PM me the price for the warranty..I dont want me dealer to rip me off
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Just curious why you didnt go with the A7 or S7?
A7 was never in the thought process. V6 = no. The S7 did require a lot of thought for me personally. I like the styling of the S7, but I didn't like the extra cost. My salesperson drove the S6 and S7 on the same day on the same track and the S6 was the better choice she said. I read another review which said the same thing. The extra ~100 pounds is probably a top-heavy 100lbs. I understand the front/rear track is a little wider. At the end of the day, I didn't think the extra cashola was worth it. I also got the feeling that the S6 was a better driving car for my style of driving. Granted: I have not seen a S7 or driven an S7. It boiled down to price.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

A7 was never in the thought process. V6 = no. The S7 did require a lot of thought for me personally. I like the styling of the S7, but I didn't like the extra cost. My salesperson drove the S6 and S7 on the same day on the same track and the S6 was the better choice she said. I read another review which said the same thing. The extra ~100 pounds is probably a top-heavy 100lbs. I understand the front/rear track is a little wider. At the end of the day, I didn't think the extra cashola was worth it. I also got the feeling that the S6 was a better driving car for my style of driving. Granted: I have not seen a S7 or driven an S7. It boiled down to price.
+1

V8 any day, until someone builds a kickass engine like the one in GTR
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by noah123
7K was bringing me dangerously close into 100k territory....
Same thing happened to me. I was close to the $100k number. Ouch. I wished you lived closer. We would go have a beer and I'd show you my car.

Last edited by edporsche; 12-21-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Heey, whaddya doin' drivin' my car?

Oh, right, mine doesn't have night vision...

...Never mind.

======================

As Tom Petty once said, the waiting is the hardest part.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Heey, whaddya doin' drivin' my car?
Can't wait for you to see your car. You'll love it! When do you expect it? Black interior?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same thing happened to me. I was close to the $100k number. Ouch. I wished you lived closer. We would go have a beer and I'd show you my car.
Your city is on the cards my friend...will keep you posted
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait for you to see your car. You'll love it! When do you expect it? Black interior?
That's the worst part - it's here, I've seen it, I've sat in it, I just can't drive it. It's currently -18C here and the roads are skating rinks. My 19" winter wheels aren't due in until the new year, and my winter tires might be a little slower than that. Oh well, better to wait than to crack up the nice shiny new car.

Congrats on getting yours, which is pretty much a clone of mine (down to the colour and comfort seats). The only differences are the trim (mine is aluminum) and the night vision.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats Ed...

You have good taste - I'm getting the exact same car with the same options, just need to wait a few more weeks.

And on the S6 vs S7 - I have driven both, and there is a difference. The S6 drives / feels hands down better. Funny, I never noticed the brake feel issue, but who knows.

Enjoy!

J

Quick Reply: My S6 is here baby