S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My S6 is here baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche
The brakes are weird. Not good, but not bad. Weird. I never got used to them on the way home. The Q7 brakes are better. My Porsche brakes are world class. I don't think they got the brakes right. Perhaps it will get better over time or as I get used to it. Pressing the accelerator from a stop is also a little weird. I feel the car wants to always start off fast. If you start off slow, it's like it doesn't know what to do. I noticed a surge on a couple of occasions. I have to learn how to gas it appropriately.
I have issue with the brake feel as well. They are plenty powerful and won't fail you in that respect, but the pedal to me has a mushy feeling on application that could be the brake lines or could just be the initial bite of the pad material. Also I feel it's a little non-linear, but you do get used to it.

The behavior of the throttle after slowing down has been discussed and noticed by others. It seems to lag for a couple trying to decide if you really meant to hit the gas, and then takes off. Some believe it's the transmission since it's probably engaged the next lower gear anticipating your slow down or stop. But it seems it should be able to just stay in the current gear and go. That couple second lag could be dangerous if you're trying to make an aggressive turn into/across traffic. This is also something you get used to and can anticipate, but hopefully Audi will make a software change in the future to change this.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent initial review. Congrats Ed. Glad it is finally here. Also glad you are pleased with the Bose system. More curious about the brakes as I strongly believe this is an important component of the car. Will read this thread from the top now.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Gratz and nice review. Enjoy in good health!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats, Ed! Car looks beautiful! Aren't you glad you stuck with it?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmk1
Congrats, Ed! Car looks beautiful! Aren't you glad you stuck with it?
Yes. My wife and I discussed this just today. The Porsche Cayenne GTS is more flashy, more sporty, and more expensive. For the money, the S6 can't be beat. It's also a much better performer than the GTS. We have a Q7 so there is no need for another SUV. The S6 is the perfect car for me. Based on how much I drive my 911, I may sell it. I do want a white R8

I still maintain that Audi has to get their *hit together. Sending 1-2 per 3 months per dealer across the nation to all dealers is not enough supply. The demand is high. If there were 8 S6s in my dealers lot, they would all sell in less than 2 weeks (my guess). In my yuppie town, the peeps would swoop it up. <- that sounded gangsta .

My whole family is at my house so I can't justify driving it by myself yet. That will come soon.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes. My wife and I discussed this just today. The Porsche Cayenne GTS is more flashy, more sporty, and more expensive. For the money, the S6 can't be beat. It's also a much better performer than the GTS. We have a Q7 so there is no need for another SUV. The S6 is the perfect car for me. Based on how much I drive my 911, I may sell it. I do want a white R8

I still maintain that Audi has to get their *hit together. Sending 1-2 per 3 months per dealer across the nation to all dealers is not enough supply. The demand is high. If there were 8 S6s in my dealers lot, they would all sell in less than 2 weeks (my guess). In my yuppie town, the peeps would swoop it up. <- that sounded gangsta .

My whole family is at my house so I can't justify driving it by myself yet. That will come soon.
Whenever it happens,(sigh.................)

if it were just my decision, then I plan on going after R8 spyder (used)..OR R8 (NEW-sepang blue)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I totally agree with you! I've owned 5 Porsches, the last one like yours, 2009 C2S cab. I decided 2 years ago I needed only 1 car, so no I am in an X5 diesel which handles all of my needs except sporty. Next year, I will be ordering the S6. I have driven the Pan and no way I would buy another BMW, but I really am in love with Audi. For the price point, these cars can not be beat! So, enjoy your new car and in afew months, I'll be asking for opinions on my build! Who knows, I might be able to luck out and find one on the lot that I could buy!
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:46 AM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

Default No need for another SUV

My new S6 and 9 year old V8 Touareg will only be replaced if Audi brings over the new RS6 Avant.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great review, congrats!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

ED,

Dying to see more feedback/impressions of the car?

Did u already put any paint paint protection and tint on the windows?

I have already lined up mine

cant wait to see pics from u

Enjoy the holidays

Quick Reply: My S6 is here baby